Chapter Four

"Lucas"

"No"

"Lucas!"

"...no"

"Eat the damn broccoli you glutton!" Max yelled but he yelped when he was hit upside the head.

"Watch your mouth please" Lance said and Max just rolled his eyes.

It was Thursday night, and I was currently watching as all of my brothers tried to get Lucas to eat the broccoli that he so vehemently despised. Max had already seemingly gave up as he continued to eat his own food whilst Roman and Lance still looked at him expectantly.

While listening to all of them talk, their voices had become background noise as my thoughts of tomorrow begun to consume me. Even though I've been told that my father was eager to see me, that small part of doubt in the back of my head still pulled at me and I hated myself for it.

Lance wasn't lying to me about my brothers so surely he wouldn't lie to me about my father, right?

After dinner, while some of my brothers retreated to their rooms, the rest stayed behind and headed into the living room.

"Would you like to watch a movie, Honey?" Kade asked and I nodded. A movie was the perfect thing to make the time go by quicker.

"What do you wanna watch?" Roman asked with the remote in hand, ready to search up whatever I told him.

"Why even bother asking? She probably likes Frozen or some Disney movie like every other kid" Ares said with a chuckle. I tilted my head at the movie he just named.

When it was just me and Mama, we only had basic cable so there wasn't a lot to choose from. I would mainly just watch the old martial arts films that would always play on this one channel. I loved them and every time a new one came on, I wouldn't move from my spot, not even during the commercials.

"What is Frozen?" I asked and my brothers immediately stopped in their tracks and I had begun to wonder if I said something wrong.

"You've never seen Frozen?" Ares asked with his eyes wide and I just shook my head with a small frown.

"Oh thank god!" He cried as he lifted me up into his arms in a hug. I don't understand why I was being hugged or why Ares was so happy but I just allowed him to do whatever.

Roman shook his head with a sigh.

"Hm, that is quite unusual. What movies have you seen if you haven't seen Frozen?" Kade asked once Ares put me down.

I blushed a little, feeling embarrassed of what I was about to say. Martial arts films were probably the last thing they would expect of their kid sister but it couldn't be helped.

"Martial arts movies..." I muttered and once again I was being crushed in a death hug by Ares who was basically sobbing in happiness right about now.

"This is it! You're the one I've been waiting for my entire life!" He cried.

"Can you shut the hell up?!" We heard Max yell from his room and Ares just rolled his eyes.

"C'mon kiddo. What's your favorite one?" He asked and I had to think for a moment before giving my response.

"The Forbidden Kingdom" I said and Ares nodded in approval.