PART 2: Chapter Nine

"Ceres. Kade and Roman are here" Ares said as he peeked his head into the girl's room.

Kade and Roman were over for a dinner that was scheduled by their father. He wanted to see all of his children since it has been a while since the last time they ate together.

Ceres had also invited Hayden over since Arthur had wanted to sit down and have a meal together with him properly. Ceres knew that it was probably just an interrogation waiting to happen, but at least it wouldn't be unexpected.

The same had happened with Kade's wife, Nadine. When he brought her over, Arthur wouldn't stop asking her questions and Ceres felt bad for the girl. She thought she was going to have a nervous breakdown on the spot.

When Ceres got downstairs, she saw Kade, Roman, and Ares chatting on the sofa with Max on his phone and Lucas snacking on some chips. Lance was also tapping away on his phone, probably about some business related things.

The only one they were waiting on now was Hayden.

"Damn, who taught him to do that?" Ceres heard Roman ask and Kade just sighed.

"I'm not sure. He even went as far as to try and— Ares, why the hell do you keep staring at the top of my head?" Kade broke the middle of his sentence to ask the question that was bothering him since he noticed Ares' staring.

Ares, breaking out of his trance, came back to reality and looked at Kade's annoyed green eyes.

"I'm sorry it's just..." Ares muttered and Kade raised a perfectly shaped brow.

"Just what?" He pressed. Ares pointed to Kade's hair and seemed hesitant to say something.

"I think you have a gray hair..." Ares said slowly.

"A what?" Kade asked.

"A gray hair" Ares repeated.

"A what?"

"A gray-"

"He heard you, he's just malfunctioning" Max cut in as he looked over to the trio. Not caring about what it would do to Kade, Max pulled up his camera on his phone and held it in front of Kade's face.

"Here, look" he said bluntly and Kade looked into the camera.

Everyone watched as Kade froze before dropping to the ground.

"Oh...he passed out" Max muttered.

"Should we do something?" Lucas asked. He had even taken a break from eating his chips to look at his older brother that was passed out on the ground.

"Nah, he'll wake up eventually and think it's all a bad dream" Max said.

"But won't he just pass out again after seeing it?" Ceres questioned and everyone made 'hmm' sounds.

"Why is Kade on the floor?" Arthur asked as he came in the room and his children looked to him.

"Gray hair" they all said in unison and Arthur sighed before going back into the kitchen, deciding he needed a drink.

"...should I cut it?" Lance questioned slowly.

"Kade will murder you" Roman said firmly. Lance merely clicked his tongue before crossing his arms.

"So what should we do?" Ares asked.

"I say we cut our losses and do it" Max answered while shrugging.

"Okay but...who's gonna do it?" Lucas said and everyone went silent.

"..."

"Nose goes!" Lucas yelled and after so many times of losing, Ceres finally managed to get her finger on her nose just a bit faster than the others.

"Fuck!" Ares yelled in frustration. He hadn't expected Lucas to call it out so suddenly and was stunned by the shout.

"It was nice knowing you" Lucas said, patting Ares on the back. Max scoffed.

"No it wasn't" he said and Ares glared.

"Y'all are a bunch of dicks" He grumbled before going off to find a pair of scissors. Once grabbing a pair off his desk in his room, Ares headed back down and kneeled beside his unconscious brother.

Ares was still a little upset about losing and he wasn't paying attention when he grabbed a few more strands than intended and cut them.

"Ares, I think you cut too much..." Ceres muttered as she looked at Kade who was still passed out.

"No I didn't!" Ares said in a weak defense and Lance frowned.

"Look at all the hair in your hand" he said and it was then that Ares realized that there was indeed a few more hair strands than intended.

"..."

"Maybe we should have just plucked it..." Lucas muttered.

"It's too late for that now. What are we gonna do about this?" Roman asked.

"Before or after my funeral?!" Ares cried and all of Ares' whining seemed to finally wake Kade up.

Kade let out a low groan and everyone had froze when they saw him looking at them confused.

"What's going on...?" Kade muttered and his eyes suddenly landed on Ares with scissors in his hand and what seemed to be hair in his hands.

His hair to be precise.

It didn't help that Ares was hovering over him, that only made his situation worse if anything.

"What the fuck did you do?" Kade asked darkly and everyone could feel the murderous intent coming off of him.

Ares could do nothing as his mouth flopped open and closed when trying to come up with some kind of excuse that would somehow make sense as to why he was standing over Kade with a pair of scissors and his hair in his hand.

Let's just say his mind wasn't coming up with anything.

"Look away Ceres" Lance said as he shielded her eyes from the soon to be crime scene.

"I-I...can..."

"You can explain?! Nothing you say to me right now is going to make me not want to kill you!!" Kade yelled and all Ceres heard was a thud before some rustling.

"Kade, listen, we can talk about this!"

"Talk to my ass from the grave you bastard!"

"High quality TV am I right?" Max asked with a grin and Lucas snorted.

Ceres felt Lance heaving a sigh as the arguments in the background continued on. Deciding that she wanted to make sure Ares was alright, Ceres removed Lance's hands from her eyes only to see Roman grabbing the scissors from Kade.

That didn't stop Kade from trying to strangle Ares.

"I think dinner might have to be cancelled..." Lance said.

"Cancelled? I'm eating whether or not Ares gets murdered" Lucas said.

Arthur came out of the kitchen from hearing all the noise and his eyes widened when seeing the fiasco that was going on in his living room.

These boys...

"Kadence! Ares!" The two froze when hearing their father's voice.

"You are two grown adult men, so why the hell are you fighting like children?! Get your asses off the floor and clean this mess up right now!" Arthur barked and the duo muttered a quick 'yes sir' before breaking apart and doing as their father ordered.

"And you, why didn't you feel the need to intervene?" Arthur said as he threw a glare to his oldest son.

"Really? You wanted me to go near an angry Kade with scissors in his hand? Just say you want me dead and go" Lance said and Arthur sighed.

Ceres was very thankful that she told Hayden to come a little later. While it was originally because she knew that it was going to take a while to prepare dinner, she also had the gut feeling that her brothers were going to fight and she didn't want him to see that side of her family.

Though she wasn't sure how long she could hide it for...