Chapter Twenty One

[A/N: Just a quick note before we start this chapter. Viper_Sky drew this amazing fanart of Ceres!! Please show them some love in the comments as they deserve it very much!!

 Viper_Sky drew this amazing fanart of Ceres!! Please show them some love in the comments as they deserve it very much!!

———————————

THIRD P.O.V

"Mama loves you, Ceres"

"It's all your fault!"

"Please don't hate Mama"

"If you had never been born, this wouldn't have happened!"

"You're all I have left..."

"Ceres, do you love me?"

Ceres' eyes fluttered open after the last voice faded. She had tried as hard as she could to get to sleep but once again, she couldn't. Her Mama's words were still playing back like a broken record in her head. She had been able to sleep so well up until now so why was this happening again?

Ceres was tired but seeing as she couldn't get to sleep, she decided to try and get something warm to drink to help her get to sleep faster.

Ceres' footsteps were quiet as she walked down to the kitchen and when she walked in, she was surprised to see her Papa and Lance sitting at the island. They were both discussing something but when they heard her footsteps they turned to Ceres.

"Ceres? What are you doing up?" Lance asked and Ceres tilted her head a little, also wanting to ask a question of her own.

"I couldn't sleep...why are you here?" She asked looking at the both of them. She had thought Papa and Lance were still on their trip.

"We got to go home early. We just got in an hour ago actually" Lance said checking his wrist watch. Ceres hummed at his answer and Arthur moved from his side of the table and over to Ceres.

"Anyways, you said you can't sleep right? Why don't I make you some tea?" He asked and Ceres nodded while thanking him.

While she waited patiently for her tea to be finished, Ceres couldn't help but continue to think back to the voices from earlier. She had been nightmare free for quite some time now and was really hoping that those voices weren't a sign of them coming back. She had done so much to be free of her Mama, so why is it that Mama still plagues her thoughts?

"You look like you got something on your mind. Wanna talk about it?" Arthur asked as he saw the look of thought on Ceres' face. Ceres' lips thinned, thinking for a moment on her response.

Roman once told her that talking about things can help one to feel better but she also wasn't sure how to talk about her problem without bringing Mama up. Ceres knows Papa and Lance said they didn't mind but she just didn't want to bother them with such a troublesome thing right after they got back from work.