Chapter Fifty Three

Ares was on Max watching duty today and he was slowly losing his mind. Max was being stubborn and would run away whenever Ares tried to get even remotely close to him.

"I just want to change your diaper you little punk!" Ares cried as he chased Max around the house with a diaper in his hand.

"Nu uh!" Max cried as he ran away.

Max had ran into Roman's room and slipped under the bed quickly before Ares could catch him and Ares just groaned. At the time, he couldn't help but feel the urge to bang his head against a wall until it split open.

Why did Max have to be so difficult? If it were Kade trying to change his diaper, he'd have no problem at all.

Kade was probably the one who always had it easier when it came to Max. The little bugger loved him to pieces and would only let Kade near him at times. Sadly for Ares, Kade had a study session after classes so he couldn't watch Max today.

"Fine, stay with a dirty behind" Ares said before walking away. He didn't walk too far, just around the corner so that he could catch Max when he came out the room.

When Max thought the coast was clear, he leaned his head out from under the bed. When he saw that Ares was nowhere to be seen, he creeped out and quietly left out of the room. But then, Ares who had been lying in wait, scooped him up quickly.

Max let out a ear piercing shriek when being caught and he fussed as much as he could in the tight grip of Ares' arms but they weren't budging in the slightest.

"Listen kid, you better start acting right or I'm gonna tell Lance" Ares threatened as he placed Max on the towel covered couch. Max frowned but he didn't dare try to make a move, he definitely didn't want to see Lance's scary face.

Ares thanked everything holy in his head when Max finally allowed him to change his stinking diaper.

"Ugh, this is nasty" Ares muttered as he wrapped the diaper closed and Max tilted his head at the sound of a new word.

"Nas...ty?" Max said and Ares nodded.

"Yeah, your diaper is nasty kid" Ares said before standing up and going to throw the diaper in the trash.

Once he was finished changing Max's diaper, he let out a small yawn. Taking care of a child was not in his agenda for today so he was definitely worn out.

Thankfully, Kade had soon come home from school.

"I'm home" Kade called as he stepped in and he had soon heard the sound of little footsteps rushing towards him. He smiled when seeing Max running up to him.

"There's my cute little brother! I missed you so much!" Kade cooed as he picked up Max in his arms and hugged him.

Max giggled as he was being smothered in affection by Kade before grabbing Kade's shoulders and making the older boy look at him.

"Nasty!" He cheered and Kade's face dropped at the sudden word.

"Huh...?" Kade muttered and Ares who had heard Max talking from the living room made a 'yikes' face.

"Nasty! Nasty!" Max continued to cheer but Kade thought that Max was calling his affection nasty and immediately felt hurt.

"You don't actually mean it Max, right?" Kade asked with a pout but his hopes were crushed as Max yelled out the word again and again.

Ares just kept his mouth shut and continued to watch TV, not wanting to reveal that it was his fault that Max started saying that word.

~ Present Time, Ceres P.O.V. ~