Chapter Fifty

Today was a pretty slow day which was surprising since a peaceful day was rare around here. We were all just sitting about, minding our own businesses, when Kade had arrived home from work with a look of deep thought on his face.

Lucas turned his head towards Kade when hearing the door shut.

"Welco-"

"Do you find me attractive?" Kade asked out of the blue.

We all just looked at him in surprise. None of us made a move to answer but it seemed as though Kade's eyes were trained on Lucas who had made the mistake of making eye contact with Kade.

"...so are you going to tell us why you're asking that or do you seriously want me to answer?" Lucas said after a while.

"Just answer the question!" Kade whined.

"Well...you're you" Lucas said as he averted his eyes. Kade frowned at Lucas's answer, clearly not satisfied with it.

"Maxi?" Kade said turning to Max who just scrunched up his face.

"No, your face is nasty and it makes me want to throw up" he said and Kade pouted, and I could see that he wasn't taking Max's words to heart.

But then, his face lit up and turned to me to which I instantly paled.

"That's right! Ceres is a girl, she'll understand. Honey, am I handsome?" Kade asked and I so very badly wanted to be anywhere but here in this pressuring position.

What was I supposed to tell him? Hm...maybe I should tell him something he'll want to hear? Yeah, let's go with that.

"You look like this pretty fish I saw one time. Wanna see it?" I asked and Kade's expression changed from curious to that of horror.

"Don't compare me to a fish!!" He exclaimed and I frowned.

"Sorry..." I muttered and Kade sighed.

"Kade, is there a reason behind this sudden questioning of how vain you are?" Lance asked.

"Okay, well, you guys won't believe it but I think I found...the one" Kade said as his eyes twinkled when thinking about whoever he was thinking about.

"Come again?" Ares said as if he hadn't heard Kade.

"You know, like, the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?" Kade said and Ares grimaced.

"Were you looking in the mirror again...?" He asked and Kade gave him an irritated look.

"No!" Kade cried.

"Wait, is that why you were asking us if you were...tolerable to look at?" Max asked.

Kade just fell into a heap on the couch and crossed his arms.

"I tried to talk to her but it was as if she was ignoring me! I mean, surely when a guy this handsome comes up to you, you'd get flustered. She didn't even bat an eyelash at me!" Kade whined.

"Holy shit, he's serious..." Roman muttered.

"Well, what did you say when you tried to talk to her?" I asked and Kade's cheeks turned red when remembering his earlier discussion.

"I'd rather not say..." Kade muttered.

"Oh come on, you can't come in here all worked up and then force us to listen to you if you're not gonna spill all the details" Ares said and Kade just shook his head.

"I made a fool of myself in front of her...jeez, I don't know if I'll ever see her again either. This is horrible..." Kade sulked on the couch and held the throw pillow in his arms tightly.