Chapter Forty Eight

THIRD P.O.V.

"Please...?"

"No"

"Pleeeaassee?"

"No"

"..."

"Plea-"

"No"

"..."

"How about now?"

"No"

Ceres just sighed before turning to the bagel bites that were in the freezer. She put her hand on the glass as she stared at them longingly, hoping that her sad face would make Roman change his mind.

She wondered if she should cry for extra incentive but didn't want to end up doing dramatics like Kade, in the middle of a store.

Roman just looked at his sister and while everything was telling him to continue saying no, he found himself unable to actually stay consistent this time. It had been quite a while and if Ceres was beginning to plead like a child, then surely she was at her limit.

"One box" Roman said and Ceres snapped her head at Roman who was wearing a look of regret on his face.

"One box, only" he said and Ceres had squealed before swinging the glass door open and grabbing the box of bagel bites. Once securing them in the cart, Ceres couldn't contain the pep in her step as she happily pushed the cart behind Roman.

When the two had gotten home, Ceres was quick to grab the box of bagel bites and run into the kitchen, not even caring that she left her bags of groceries on the floor.

"She's unusually excited" Max said as he watched his sister run into the kitchen. Ares had managed to catch a glimpse of the box in Ceres' hand and turned to Roman with a shocked look.

"You finally gave in?" Ares exclaimed and Roman sighed.

"Yes...although I had no idea it would make her that happy" Roman said and Lucas nodded.

"Well, it is her favorite. I'd be excited too if I finally got to eat my favorite food after months of not having it" he said.

After putting away the groceries, the others just watched as Ceres seemed to be in heaven as she happily ate her bagel bites, not even caring that she was burning her mouth in the process.

"To think something so unhealthy can make one so happy..." Roman said.

"She's so precious..." Kade said as he snapped a photo of the happy look on Ceres' face.

While watching, Roman couldn't help but think back to the first months of Ceres staying with them. He never would have imagined that Ceres would become so expressive and even a little more talkative. It was evident that she had truly come a long way compared to how closed off she was back then.

~ Flashback ~

To the brothers, their little sister was an...interesting person if they were to say the least. She wasn't the cold and apathetic person that she made herself out to be. In fact, she just may have been the exact opposite.

True, Ceres did have her moments where she would just stare at others blankly which tended to creep them out and whatnot but they had quickly learned that it was only because she wasn't sure on how to respond to them.

It wasn't until a little later did they soon all notice how much more comfortable Ceres seemed to be around them.

She was more open to having conversations, even if they didn't last long and she would let out small smiles and bits of laughter here and there more often. It was all very endearing in their eyes.