Chapter Thirty Eight

"A new student? It's the middle of April, it's a little late for that don't you think?" Ross said as we walked down the halls to our first class.

I had only missed a few days and yet it seems like so much was happening. Rumors about a new student had spread like wildfire throughout our small school and everyone in our grade was particularly excited to meet them. I'm glad that I came in earlier since school had only just started and that I hadn't missed but a few weeks.

"Well maybe their situation calls for it, you never know" Hayden said with a shrug of his shoulders.

We entered our classroom and took our seats at our desks.

"Well, if it isn't a cute girl then what's the point for excitement?" Ross said and Diana glared at him.

"You're such a dog" she said with a huff and Ross grinned.

"Aw, it's okay D. I'll always have time for you~" He said throwing a wink at Diana who simply frowned at him.

"Instead of making time for girls, you should be making time to study. If you fail another test, you're going to end up in summer school" Hayden said with a sigh at the end of his words and Ross just chuckled while Diana shook her head.

"It's all good. I'll just turn in a bunch of homework and my grade will go sky high" he said with a dismissing wave of his hand and we all just shook our heads at him.

A little later, our teacher had finally come in but he wasn't alone. Trailing behind him was a boy with curly brown hair and blue eyes that were looking around at all the students in the classroom. When our eyes met, his seemed to widen a fraction but I thought nothing of it as I just waited for him to avert his eyes.

"Okay, class. I'm sure you've already heard but today we have a new student. Please introduce yourself young man" the teacher said and the boy stepped up.

"Hello, it's nice to meet everyone. I'm Will" he said with a polite smile and it was an instant effect as all the girls swooned over his smile.

"Pshh. Pretty boy" Ross whispered and Diana let out a small chuckle.

"You can take the seat between Hayden and Diana. Would you two raise your hands?" The teacher said and the both of them raised their hands as asked.

Once Will had gone to his seat, the lesson began and even though people were supposed to be paying attention, they were instead giggling and whispering about whatever.

"Okay before you start your group work, I just want to take a few seconds to tell you guys that we will be going on a field trip to the museum next week. At the end of class, please come and pick up a permission slip from me" The teacher said.

"The museum? How lame" Ross said as he slumped over his chair when turning to us.

I wasn't sure which museum we'd be going to but I secretly hoped it was the one Riki worked at. I couldn't help but smile when thinking of how surprised he'd be if we see each other. I didn't count on it though since he would probably be pretty busy.

"You only say it's lame because you have the attention span of a fly" Hayden said and Ross frowned.

"I do not!" He said and I just smiled at the two's banter.

The feeling of a tap on my shoulder had scared the living daylights out of me and when I turned to see who the culprit was, it was Will who was just smiling at me.