Chapter Twenty Four

Diana had happily shown me around her house. It was just her and her Dad living here since her older sister had moved out. She explained to me that her mother and father divorced when she was young and that she wanted to stay with her Dad.

Her Dad was nice. He had greeted me in a similar manner to when me and Diana first met. Energetic and fast paced. He was apparently very excited to meet me and told me that Diana talked about me a lot which was a surprise to me.

After her dad told us when dinner would be ready, we headed up to Diana's room to start on our homework.

"Oh that's right. You got paired up with Ross and Hayden. How did that go?" She asked as we were in the middle of our math. I was grateful for the question since I was trying to avoid doing this particular problem on the homework.

"It was fine...Ross was the one doing all the talking and he didn't mind that we were quiet" I said and Diana hummed.

"I got stuck with Avery and Natasha. Avery is nice and all but she isn't exactly all the way up there" Diana said while pointing to her head and I let out a small smile at her comment.

"And Natasha? That's like, as unlucky as it gets. She doesn't do anything! I swear if that girl thinks I'm slapping her name on this project without her helping, she's got another thing coming" Diana said with a huff at the end.

"I'm sure she'll come around" I said and Diana gave a small sigh before letting a smile take over her features.

"Yeah but I'd probably have to beat her head in with a brick before that happens" She said with a snicker at the end and I just shook my head.

Suddenly the sound of my phone ringing grabbed my attention and I grabbed it out of my pocket. Kade's name was displayed on the phone and I pressed the green button to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Honey. Just wanted to check in on you. Are you having fun?"

"Yeah...why are you whispering?"

"Uh...I have a sore throat. Anyways, it's just you and your girl friend right?"

I was a little weirded out by his question but before I could even answer him, I heard some shouting going on in the back.

"Who gave him his phone back?!"

"Kade get the hell off the phone!"

"No! I have to make sure my baby is alright!"

From there I just heard muffled sounds and eventually the phone hung up and I just stared down at my phone in confusion not really knowing or wanting to know what that was all about.

"Is everything alright?" Diana asked as she looked at me curiously. I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"I don't really know" I said while putting my phone back in my pocket.

After that, we continued to do our work and once we finished, Diana had suggested multiple things for us to do until dinner.

"We could watch a movie, play games, do karaoke. Or if you have anything you wanna do I'm fine with that too" Diana said as she plopped down on her bed after listing the activities.

I thought about it for a while. We always watched movies at home and I hardly doubt I'd have fun with karaoke so I settled for playing a game even though I've never played any before.

"A game is fine" I said and Diana sat up with a grin.

"I was hoping you'd choose that! I have so many games! Video games, board games, card games, I have it all!" she said as she went into her closet and brought out a huge game case.