Chapter Forty

[A/N: wrote this chapter on the toilet at 6 am so uh, enjoy lmao]

THIRD P.O.V.

Ceres wished.

She wished that she had been able to see the upcoming events of what was going to happen today.

She wished that she could solve the problems that stood before her.

She wished that she would have known how to handle them.

But she didn't know how, or why they were happening in the first place.

When Ceres walked into class, she had noticed that even though Diana was here as usual, she was no longer sitting in the desk next to hers. Instead Diana was seated far away on the other side of the classroom and Ceres frowned at the unusual occurrence.

As she moved closer to her desk, her eyes widened at the sight of her phone that she had thought she lost. It was just sitting there on her desk, as if it was a book being returned to it's rightful owner. Ceres had been searching for it all weekend and now here it was just sitting on her desk?

Ceres picked it up and turned it on before going through it and seeing that there wasn't anything unusual. Everything was as it was before she had lost it so Ceres just sighed and placed it in her pocket.

Ceres wanted to talk to Diana to see why she was sitting so far but the bell had already rung so Ceres decided she would catch her before they went to their next class.

Though that plan didn't work out as Diana had high tailed it out of there as soon as the bell rung and now she was really confused.

Just what was going on?

Diana walked quickly through the halls as she tried to keep her tears in but she couldn't help it. They would fall every time she would remember the conversation with Will she had that morning.

"I-I don't understand. Ceres...really said that?" She whispered and Will gave a nod.

"Yes...I'm sorry but I just thought I'd let you know" he said and Diana's stomach churned at the thought of Ceres not being the kind girl that she had everyone thinking she was.

Will had stopped her in the halls and said that he had to speak to her about something. Had she known that it was this, Diana didn't think she'd have accepted his offer. She would say he was lying, but how could he be lying when the proof was right there?

On Will's phone, was the text messages between himself and Ceres.

'She's really annoying...I wish she would just leave me alone already'

'Why do I have to deal with someone like this?'

"I mean...she isn't wrong" Will said suddenly and Diana's eyes widened at his words as her head snapped up to look at the boy who was giving her a small smile.

And although he was smiling, his eyes were shining brightly with malice.

"Surely having someone hanging around you constantly spewing nonsense gets troublesome after a while. You're clingy, annoying, and a pest. Who wouldn't get tired of having someone like that being around them?" Will continued his verbal attack mercilessly, not feeling a single ounce of pity for the girl who was on the verge of a breakdown right in front of him.

"You know....there is a way that you can stop being such a bother" Will said before leaning down and whispering his final blow into Diana's ear.

"Disappear" he said and watched in pure satisfaction as Diana crumbled to the ground and started sobbing. Her sobs were like music to his ear and he let out a small laugh. He found it funny how easy it was to break her.