PART 2: Chapter Eight

Ross sat in his seat, a nervous wreck, waiting for their teacher to hand back the class' tests. He was really hoping that he didn't get another F because if he did, he was finished.

It's only the middle of October and so far he's failed to turn in maybe, 3 assignments as well as failing their first pop quiz just from this class alone. He probably failed a crap ton of other stuff to but this time was different.

He actually studied for this test! Well...that is if doodling in his notebook counted as studying.

As the teacher approached him, Ross tapped his fingers on the desk nervously, feeling as if he was about to be drowned in his own bodily sweat. The teacher handed Ross his test folded and Ross took that as a sign that he didn't do too well. He covered his eyes with one hand and opened the test with the other.

Taking a short breath, Ross slowly removed his hand and he smiled when seeing what looked to be an A but it immediately vanished when he moved his whole hand and the A turned out to be an F.

'Welp, this is it. I've failed yet another test and I can already see my future working at a nearby Wendy's as a minimum wage worker' Ross thought as he crumbled up his test and threw it into his backpack with the other tests.

The bell rung, signaling that it was time for the next period, which luckily for Ross was Lunch.

Ross made his way to the cafeteria with his head hung low and as he was walking, Diana joined him but she noticed that she couldn't grab his attention.

"Hello? Earth to Ross?" Diana asked as she waved her hand in front of his face. Finally noticing the hand in front of him, Ross glanced at Diana.

"What, what?" He asked while swatting her hand out of his face.

"How did the test go?" She asked as they finally made it in to the cafeteria. Ross shrugged at her question.

"Same as all my other assignments" he said.

"Another F? Jeez, you get more F's than I get A's" Diana said with a sigh.

"I can't help it. When those teachers talk all I hear is blah, blah, blah. It's like what they're saying goes through one ear and out the other" Ross said as the two got in line.

"You need a tutor" Diana commented.

"Nah, I'll just ask Fred" Ross said and Diana glared with a shake of her head.

"Ask Fred what?" The aforementioned boy joined the two in line and looked between the duo.

"He was going to ask you to help him but the last time we let you tutor him, he came back with even worse grades" Diana said.

"Even worse grades? Impossible. I would never let that happen. Don't worry buddy, it isn't your fault that they can't comprehend my genius" Fred said while patting Ross' shoulder.

"Yeah, your "genius" and anything else that comes out of your mouth" Diana stated before heading off to find Ceres at their usual table.

She had found the girl sitting by herself but she noticed that Ceres had a small smile on her face as she texted away on her phone.

"You two finally made up?" Diana said teasingly as she joined the girl at the table.

"We weren't arguing" Ceres said as she looked at Diana with a confused look.

"I see..." Diana said but didn't touch further on the topic.

"Anyways, you guys heard about the open house right?" Ross asked and the others nodded.