Chapter Fifty One

[A/N: First off, I am hitting myself on the head right now for forgetting to implement baddie_booo amazing art work in the last chapter!! It's seriously amazing so please make sure to show it some love in the comments!!]

LUCAS' P.O.V.

"Ceres...it's okay to get a little close" Roman said as we looked at Ceres who was sitting on a tall chair at the island with a broom in her hand. She was using it to push the food bowl towards Bubble who was just staring back at her from it's place on the floor.

Yes, they named it Bubble. I had no partaking in the naming. They named it that because Bubble actually liked taking the bath we gave her and if anything didn't want to get out of the tub. She was very relaxed the entire time and didn't have a problem at all with being in the soapy water.

"No...I'm okay from here" Ceres said as she made sure her feet were no where near the ground.

Ceres had been extremely cautious around Bubble despite Bubble being nothing but friendly. Well, friendly to her. To us, Bubble hisses and has even almost scratched Kade's face which would not have ended up well for Bubble.

"This cat eats a lot" Ares said as he watched Bubble eat her food at a fast pace.

"It probably hasn't had a good meal in a while" I said as I crouched near Bubble in an attempt to try my hand at becoming familiar with her. I could tell that even though this cat was quick to rub up on Ceres, she didn't like fast approaches towards herself.

When sensing my presence, Bubble turned to me and gave a short hiss before running towards the chair that Ceres was sitting on and immediately Ceres tensed.

"Yeah well, that was the last of her food. I guess I'll have to go out later and get some more" Kade said with a sigh.

"Hm...you think it's pregnant?" Ares asked and we all looked at him eyed.

"P-Pregnant?! Why would you think that?" Kade asked and Ares shrugged.

"Well, Bubble is pretty small so I doubt a cat her size would eat this much unless she were pregnant" He said.

"I'm not ready to be a mother all over again..." Kade muttered.

"Let's not jump to any conclusions. Maybe she's just a hungry cat" I said.

"I mean, there's also the fact that she's a stray. We have no idea what's happened to her before she came here" Ares just kept adding more and more plausible reasons as to why this cat could be pregnant and by the end Kade looks like he'd lost a few years off his life span.

It's understandable since Kade was always the one taking care of us. He did the cooking, cleaning, made sure we were up for school on time, etc. and everything that follows.

"I guess it doesn't hurt to get it checked out" I said and Kade nodded.

"But that means Ceres will have to come, Bubble won't go unless you do" Kade said and Ceres frowned.