Chapter Eleven

LUCAS'S P.O.V

Ah...I'm so hungry...

Seeing the time on the clock, I sighed. My desk was still swamped with endless papers that I needed to fill and hand in to professors and I was just about ready to give it all up to go get some food.

It was dinner time but I needed to at least finish half of this work before going down to eat because once I eat, I'm done for. I'll fall right asleep after a while and won't be able to get anything done.

I groaned before counting how many more papers that needed filling and I stopped after five. This was killing me. Who said that it was alright to assign this much work to one student? I swear I'm seeing equations and formulas spinning around the room at this point.

"Lucas?" I turned hearing my name and Ceres was at the door with a plate of food in her hand. The food actually looked good which told me that it wasn't another joke like yesterday.

"Roman said that you were probably working so I brought you your food" she said as she walked over to me.

I gave her a small tired smile.

"Thanks" I said and Ceres nodded before putting the plate down in a somewhat clear area on my desk.

I saw her eyes wonder to my paper and just as soon as she saw the multiple problems on the paper, her eyes flickered away.

"Is that your work?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, it's due at the end of the week so I've gotta finish it soon" I said and Ceres frowned.

"Do you want me to get rid of it for you?" She asked while giving me a pointed look and for the first time today, I let out a chuckle.

"Didn't Lance already tell you not to do that?" I said and Ceres shrugged.

"But I'm not doing it to my homework...so it should be fine right?" She asked.

Ah...this girl. I know she means well but she can't keep thinking that getting rid of her homework will make her life easier.

"Thanks for the offer but this is one problem that won't fix itself by suddenly vanishing" I said and Ceres let out a small sigh before nodding.

"Suit yourself" she said before leaving and I let out another laugh. Though Ceres' humor was dry, I still found it quite funny.

Deciding that it was time to hurry up and finish this work, I threw my self back into the endless stack of papers that would most likely keep me up all night once again.

"Lucas? You alive?" I heard a voice call my name from above me but I couldn't be bothered to respond to it as sleep held tightly on to me, willing me to stay in its clutches.

"Of course he's alive. Lucas, wake up" Another voice called me and this time I felt myself being shook.

This time I groaned.

"Oh my god...is he possessed?" The voice that I could now recognize as Ares whispered. It wasn't really whispering though since I could hear him clear as day.

"What? Why the hell would you think that?" The other voice belonged to Max.

"I don't trust it. Stand back"

"What are you-"

"Rin, Pyou, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu-" Ares started chanting some words in a different language.

"Stop trying to exorcise him you dumbass!" Max said and the sound of something hitting Ares reluctantly brought me out of my slumber.

"You two are really noisy..." I muttered while rubbing my eyes.