CHAPTER 29

- Anti was confused. He didn't know what to answer Jack. The way he ask him the question out of nowhere seemed very... strange. Where else did he even thought of that? Or was it just now?

He looked awkwardly away and gulped, not knowing what to say or even do. He looked down on his lap and played with his fingers nervously, trying his best to relive the tension that was now there. His mind was racing with unexplained thoughts. He tried to calm himself down, but that was soon interrupted by a loud noise that came from the one who started all of this in the first place.

It was Jack, of course. He was looking Anti straight at his face, making sure not to miss any slight movements that he made. Observing every single move that Jack made. Anti slightly looked at Jack, but blushed and quickly looked away when he saw him staring at his eyes the moment he looked up. It was the first time that he was a little bit afraid of Jack, he never seen him act like this, but at the same time, he was probably worse that Jack. He finally got the courage and ask him why.

"What do you mean? Why are you asking me this?" Anti asked him, whimpering a little bit.

"I mean, do you really love me?" Jack answered his question, making Anti even more confused by his statement. What did he mean if I really loved him? Of course I did. There is nothing in this world that could make me even question myself about that.

"Of course I do, Jack. Why would you even ask that question?" Anti asked, but Jack was not pleased to hear that at all. He know that he loved him, but he wasn't sure if it is real love or something else. He wasn't satisfied by an answer like the one anti said. Jack sighed and gave up, he didn't know how to make Anti to not love him. It was frustrating and it would only end with a heartbreak. That is why Jack wanted to make Anti realise that it wasn't really love that he had for him, rather something else.

"Okay, I guess that's a good enough answer." Jack told him, not wanting to continue this conversation anymore. He took the plate once he ate everything and washed it, leaving an even more confused looking Anti sit on the chair with his brows furrowed, asking himself why this whole thing happened in the first place.

Anti shook the thought away and continued eating his food, not liking the tension at all. After he was done, he decided to lighten things up. He wanted to play a game, something that will cheer both of them up. Without thinking of what actually to play, he searched for Jack and once he found him, he asked him if he wanted to play a game.

"What game do you want to play then?" Jack asked him, now interested as to what Anti is going to say.

"Well, um, I don't know actually. Maybe hide and seek?" Anti asked, earning a laugh from Jack.

"Hide and seek?! How old are you, ten?!" Jack laughed so hard that he thought his stomach would explode. After a couple of minutes went by, Jack's laughter calmed down a little. He was able to speak almost normally, but his laughs that escaped in between his words made it harder for him to do that.

"You're sometimes so childish, do you know that?" Jack was still laughing, feeling the best he has ever felt today. But, on the other hand, anti was frowning and almost cried because he didn't thought the same as he did. Nevertheless, he still asked if he wanted to play it.

"I know. But, do you still want to play?" Anti asked him.

"No, I don't."

"oh, why? Come on, please?" Anti really wanted to play, especially this game. He wondered why he hadn't thought about it when he was thinking what game to play. His pleading finally worked and Jack agreed to play hide and seek.

"Okay, I'll play, but only if were able to hide in every place of the house." Jack said, making Anti happy that he did.

"Of course, the more the challenge, the better. It would be more fun that way." Anti replied back at Jack, and smiled silly when Jack wanted to hide. He always wanted to seek out other players, he liked being the one who searched. It made him feel exited about this whole game even more.

Anti turned around, closed his eyes and started to count. He heard Jack going upstairs. Be might be wrong, but judging from where those footsteps came from, he might be right all along. Once he was done counting he opened his eyes and got ready to search.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Anti shouted, loud enough so that Jack would hear him.

He walked up the stairs and into the bedroom, making sure to not close the door so he could hear if he was potentially downstairs. He looked under the bed, but he wasn't there. He went to the bathroom, but he was not there too. He walked out of the bathroom and stood still on the bedroom floor, thinking where he could be. Then, he thought that he might be in the closet. It was pretty big and there was enough space in it that at least three people could be in there. He made sure to look behind him once again and opened the closet door.

He was right, Jack was in fact in the closet. But, there was something wrong, something that didn't feel right once he opened the door. He walked up to Jack and put his arm on his shoulder, making Jack jump at the sudden contact. He looked behind him, noticing that it was just Anti, and with a terrified look, he whispered at him.

"Look." Jack said quietly to him, pointing his finger at the thing he wanted him to see. Anti looked over his shoulder and his eyes widened once he saw what Jack was so afraid about this whole time.

*********************************
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it and comment if I made some mistakes.
I love u, bye!
💚