Chapter 38 Fear toxin

Third pov

Marinette froze as things around her started distorting around her. Instead of Gotham's History Museum the streets of Paris surrounded her.

"Do you honestly think you can win?" Hawkmoth grinned as Mayura's sentimonsters held her back.

"You're just a child living on borrowed time. Too scared to do what you need to do. Too scared to actually get rid of us."

Mayura joined him. Quiet as usual as she watched her partner taunt the teen.

It made something boil inside her. Why doesn't she ever say anything? Why does she only watch him torment the teens trying to protect everyone?

Why doesn't she say anything?

The anger boils in her blood, pushing the fear of the city around her burning back to the corner of her mind as her eyes zero in on the blue clad woman.

Say something. Say something. Saysomething- SAY SOMETHING!

Marinette threw herself at the object of her anger, arms wrenching free from the things holding her.

Her fist met its mark.

And again, and again.

The sentimonsters tried to pry her away from their master but the inhuman strenght she got from her time as Ladybug was for once working in her favor.

Then- something was stabbed into her thigh and the world around her started swirling.

***********************************************************

Red Hood had arrived on the roof of the museum as not to attract attention by being seen with the cops.

"Anyone else coming, O?" He opened the door leading down from the roof.

"No. There's no one else that can get there in time. Think you can make it?"

Hood smirked. "I'll make it. Although it would be good if you can tell the cops to stand by."

"Will do. Be careful Hood."

And with that he was slowly advancing, taking down the henchmen in his way.

Wonder how Baby Bat is doing...

******************************************************

Damian was quick to knock the guy holding him to the floor in the commotion.

A quick glance told him that Agreste and Bourgeois had joined in on that fight.

The rest of the classmates that had been trapped was running for the exit.

Then a shot and the guy Agreste was fighting went down.

Although no blood, so a rubber bullet.

"Well, Two-Face seems to have run off, looks like I'll have to make do with you guys." Red Hood said cheerfully as he dropped down.

Once close enough he told Damian to go for Marinette. "Don't think Scarecrow over there's gonna live a lot longer if ya don't."

He had a point. While the mask obviously gave some sort of protection, Marinette was currently pummeling him.

With quick motions he was over there, one hand grabbing the antidote in his hidden pocket and the other putting the raging girl into a restrictive hold as he stabbed the needle into her leg.

She trashed in the hold until she gradually calmed down.

Her eyes was still going through the room at a fast pace. Probably looking for whatever she'd seen while high on fear gas.

Damian could safely say he didn't envy her.

"How is she?"

Agreste had come over, leaving Bourgeois with a child that had been caught up in the mess.

"I gave her the antidote, but it takes different amounts of time for each person to snap out of it."

The blond nodded, obviously not liking it but still understanding that there's not much to do.

"You kids okay?" Hood asked as he came over.

"Marinette's the one worse off." Agreste answered. "Chloe has some bruises but the kid she's with is fine."

"And you?"

The blond looked surprised at the question but shrugged. "I'm good. Not the first time I've seen something like this, I'm just happy no one died."

Damian could see the steel edge in his he talked.

"I guess the police will want to talk to us. Take care of Nettie, okay?" The last was directed at Damian.

He nodded and Agreste let one of the cops that entered lead him away.

Hood crouched beside Damian and Marinette. "You'll be fine?"

Damian nodded and Hod patted his shoulder. "I'll see you later Baby Bat. Meet me at my safe house."

Another nod and Red Hood left.

"Dami?"

Marinette grabbed her head with both hands. "My head hurts."

"Yeah, first time run in with fear gas can do that. The ambulance personnel will want to check you over." He helped her stand, keeping hand under her arm as she didn't seem to steady on on her legs.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)

NOTES!

I will be adding a few characters but i don't have much to go on for a few of them so they will likely be a bit ooc.

I will be adding Barbara, Cass and Duke.

I want to add Stephanie but i really have nothing to go of with her at all so for now it's not possible for me.

I'm currently watching a lot of Batman and Dc movies and reading pretty much every comic i've found in the library. All so i can get the best in depth for the characters.

I'm also re-watching Young justice so hopefully i can add them later.

Also, updating will start taking longer because i know that these books only take about 200 updates and i want to make the chapters a lot longer to fit everything in.