This bond between us (lams)

So, we have Lams.
This soulmate Au is: when you reach a certain age, you feel a pull towards your soulmate. (Age 16)
Woooooooooo
Trigger Warnings: None?!

*Johnny boys' PoV*

"Hey dad, it's my birthday tomorrow, I'm gonna get a soulmate!" I tell my father, who had his back to me and listened to nothing I said. I sigh and try again.
"Hey, dad!"
Nothing.
"DA-"
"GO TO YOUR ROOM JOHN, I DON'T CARE!" I flinch as he suddenly shouts, and I run to my room with tears already falling. Can't he just be happy for me? Ever since mom... he's changed. I decide to shower, seeing the clock showing 21:30.
I run the water and undress before stepping into the hot water. I shampoo and condition my curls before leaving the shower and drying myself off. I head back to my room with a towel around my waist and change into pyjamas. I then dry my hair as best as I can with the towel and collapse on my bed. I cry for a few minutes at the fact that my father hates me, before remembering tomorrow I will get my soulmate! I wonder who it is, maybe a girl or a boy. Hopefully not a girl. Not that I don't like girls, I just don't like them like that.
I drift off to sleep thinking about that pull I'll feel the next morning.

(Smol skip)

BZZZT BZZZT
I groan and hit the snooze button on my phone alarm before remembering that I actually have to get up today.
With another groan, I swing my legs over the edge of my bed and feel a sharp pull around my arm. I grin, knowing that this is it, this is my soulmate!
I change into clothes then head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I then head downstairs to grab something quick for breakfast, and see a note on the table.
John,
Work called so I had to leave early. Happy birthday though, there's money in the card.
Your father.
I don't know why, but it made me sad knowing that he wasn't here. Not that I expected anything less though.
I pick up the card that lay under the note and open it.
Dear Son,
Happy birthday.
Your father.
$15 fall out of the card and I pick it up. The money was nice, but I knew that the only reason he gave it to me was because he didn't get me anything else. Not surprising.
I push down the lump in my throat and grab a pop tart. I don't bother toasting it (it took me years to realise that you don't have to toast them), not wanting to waste time in meeting my soulmate. I slip on my bag and shoes, grab my phone, and leave the house, locking the door behind me.
The journey to collage was fairly boring except the unique pull I was feeling. I wondered if they went to my collage. Hopefully I know them, it would be awkward going up to someone I didn't know and saying
'Hey, you're my soulmate! Here's my number!' Yeah, that would not happen.

(At school, Alex's PoV)

I arrive at collage and clutch my coffee in my hand. I hadn't slept last night, and needed something to stop me passing out in front of my class again.
The pull around my arm is stronger now, and I wonder if that means I'm near my soulmate.
I approach my friends, John, Herc and Laf, and the pull is so strong now I might fall over.
It's one of them.
Herc? No, he's been crushing on Laf for, like, ever.
Lafayette? No, he'd be telling everyone that he felt that 'pull', so it'd be obvious if it was him.
John? He looks uncomfortable and basically reflected what I was feeling. Maybe?
"Hey guys." I say far to brightly, Lafayette looks me up and down.
"Mon ami, forgive me, but when did you last sleep?" He asks, concern in his voice.
"Sometimes my eyes close when I yawn?" I shrug, and Laf just rolls his eyes with a laugh.
I turn my attention to John, subtly nudging Hercules into Lafayette in the process. He knocks into the Frenchman and they fall on the floor.
That's them flustered for the next few years. John laughs as Hercules shoots daggers my way. Lafayette lays under Herc looking extremely red ad confused. I turn back to John and go to speak.
"Hey, John, uhm..." I suddenly find myself unable to speak, the pull practically dragging me on top of John.
"Yeah? You okay Alex?" He asks.
"Do you feel something?" I question, mentally facepalming.
"Like?"
"Okay I think we're soulmates." I blurt out, wanting to dig a hole and die in it.
John eyes sparkle.
"NO WAY!" He shouts, dragging me into an embrace. I hug back and the pull suddenly disappears.
"IT IS YOU!" We yell in unison, as Herc and Laf stare in confusion, still blushing madly.
"What's going on?" Herc asks with a hint of knowing in his voice.
"John and I are soulmates!" I exclaim excitedly, pulling away from my soulmate and bouncing on my heels happily.
"Hercules, 15 dollars š'il vous plaît." Laf demands, holding his hand out. Hercules hands him the money with a sigh as Laf folds it and puts it in his pocket.
"Oh, happy birthday, John." Herc suddenly says, handing John a bag. John opens it and gasps in happiness at the turtle shirt Hercules bought him. He thanks him joyfully.
"Oui! Bon anniversaire!" Lafayette exclaims, rummaging around in his bag for another bag which he gave to John with a smile. In it, was an expensive looking sketchbook with equally expensive looking pencils, along with fine liners, and eraser and a sharpener. John pulled the Frenchman into a hug, before hugging Hercules as well.
"You said you needed new ones, so I though I'd get them for you." Laf explained, and I handed John his present from me.
"Happy birthday, soulmate." I wink. John blushes and opens the bag, hugging me when he pulls out a tutle plushie and a box of his favourite chocolates.
"If I'd have known we were soulmates, I would've gotten you a really cool gay love heart necklace I saw." I giggle. John doesn't respond and just hugs me tighter. I hear Laf and Herc 'awww' and I mouth to them to go make out somewhere. Lafayette blushes furiously and mouths some French curse word at me.
John lets me go and looks at me.
"Best birthday ever!" He giggles, then we hear the bell that signals the start of the day. I walk into the building hand in hand with my soulmate.

Lams is so cute.
I KNOW THAT JOHN WASN'T ACTUALLY A 'TURTLE LOVING UWU BOI' BUT HE'S DEAD SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

-Bye.