Making fun of one another (Jamilton)

Damn, over 500 reads!
I've been absent for a while, BUT I'M BACK.
Prompt is making fun of eachother, and Jamilton seemed perfect.
Modern Au
Woooooooooo
Trigger Warnings: None

*HamilSon's PoV*

"Listen here you magenta tree, I may not be able to reach the top shelf, but at least I don't whack my head on the doorway whenever I walk through it!" I say to my rival, as we engage in a battle of 'who can insult the other the best'.
"I see where you're coming from, but I'd rather hit my head on a door frame than have to climb out of a Hobbit hole every morning." He says back to me, sticking his tongue out.
"How original, did Google help you with that one?" I shoot back. He pretends to be offended.
"How dare you assume such a thing! I'll have you know that all my insults are original and made just for you." Jefferson says to me, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting.
I roll my eyes and take a step closer.
"I'm flattered, but surely that small, egotistical brain of yours can't come up with such words, can it?" I speak slowly as though to taught him.
"Haha, big words for a midget, I'm almost proud!" Jefferson laughs sarcastically, towering over me like the tree he his.
"Say goodbye to your kneecaps!" I smile, and  as I say this, I kick him in the knee as hard as I can.
"OW YOU EVIL GREMLIN, THAT HURT!" He yells, bending over in pain.
"That's what you get for calling me a midget." I state simply. He stands back up.
"You know it isn't very nice to kick someone," Jefferson begins, "I don't have to get Mr.Washington, do I?" He taunts, bending down and wincing slightly to reach my level. I hear him mutter something about a bruise before he Flicks my nose and straightens up, dusting off his ugly jacket.
"Firstly, ow that hurt, and secondly- If you want to go running to him, that's fine." I shrug, smiling sickly sweet at him and rubbing my nose.
"Ugh, whatever Hamilton. Don't you have plans to make so people can ignore them?" He asks, that cocky smirk plastered on his face.
"Ha, funny. Don't you have have a boyfriend to disappoint?" I retort, pointing my finger at his chest."
"I don't know what you mean, James is not my boyfriend! Why do people keep saying that?" Jefferson protests, throwing his hands up and sighing.
"But you knew I was talking about James." I say smugly, and Jefferson turns bright red, averting his gaze.
"HA I KNEW IT!" I yell triumphantly, Jefferson shakes his head slightly.
"Ha, uh, no you're- you're wrong actually..." He says, stumbling over his words a little. I cock my head- where did this sudden shyness come from?
"I'm sure I am. Stop being a coward and tell me that you like him!" I exclaim, suddenly invested in his love life.
"Hamilton, I don't see James that way...but there is someone..." Jefferson says slowly, almost nervously.
"Ooh I see, who is it?" I tease, subconsciously wondering how this went from insulting eachother to a teenage girl's sleepover.
"None of you're business." He says firmly, but fiddling with his hands.
"Awww is wittle Tommy nervous?" I say, giggling stupidly.
"It's you." He deadpans, looking me straight in the eye and turning crimson.
"Uh-ha-what?" I stutter, stumbling back a little and suddenly losing all confidence.
"I like you, stupid gremiln." He repeats, closing his eyes briefly then reopening them to look at me.
"Oh-oh I see-uh, that's great..." I say, burning bright red myself and moving towards him a little.
"So, do you-do you maybe wanna grab coffee?" Jeffer-Thomas suggests nervously, looking down.
"Yeah-yeah coffee sounds great." I say, smiling a little and taking his arm.
I don't know what just happened, but now I'm going for coffee with my enemy/rival/potential boyfriend?
Well damn.

I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING ABSENT!! I've just had little motivation for this particular chapter, but decided that it was now or never.
Thank you all so much for the votes and reads- it means a lot! <3

-Bye.