Scar worship (Marliza)

I think this ship is pretty cute, though I haven't seen much of it.
Modern Au
Woooooooooo
Trigger Warnings: Mentions of abuse, scars.

*Maria's PoV*

"I HATE THEM!" I cry as I throw my makeup bag against the wall before falling to my knees and sobbing.
"Mia? Are you alright?" I hear Eliza ask softly.
"No I'm not, leave me alone!" I say, curling up into a ball.
"I'm not going to leave you alone right now. What's happened?" She asks me, lifting my chin up. I turn away.
"I can't do it, I can't cover them!" I wail, gesturing to the scars that littered my face, neck and arms.
"Oh, Mia, it's okay–lets not worry too much about it. Would you like me to help?" She asks me, turning to pick up the scattered makeup, some of which was probably broken.
"Mhm." I mumble, wiping my tears and sitting up. Eliza sits in front of me.
"Let's see now, which ones should we hide?" She asks me, taking my hand gently.
"All of them. I hate them all." I say bluntly, and it's true–I hate every single scar.
"But Mia, why hide them all? Why not show the world how strong you are? I think your scars make you even more beautiful, they show that you've fought and won. Isn't that amazing?" Eliza says to me, running her fingers over each imperfect flaw that are my scars.
"I-I..."
"It's okay, we can cover them all, but there's no need to be ashamed of them, you're so incredibly strong. Strength is not shameful." She continues, I feel my tears returning.
"Liza...let's forget about them today. You're right." I say to her, trying my best to smile. She looks shocked for a moment before smiling widely and hugging me tight.
"Mia, that's wonderful! I'm so proud of you!" She cries, but then releases me and looks into my eyes.
"But are you sure this is what you want to do?" She asks, holding my shoulders with such delicacy.
"Yes, like you said, I'm strong. I've fought and won. I'm proud of that." I tell her, a small burst of confidence taking over. I watch as her smile returns and she packs up the makeup.
"I'm so proud of you!" She cries, holding her hand out for me to take, guiding me downstairs. She puts the bag on the table and grabs her purse.
"Shall we go shopping?" Eliza asks, and though I'm nervous about how people will see me, I nod and take her arm.
"Who am I to say no to this?" I giggle, and we leave the house, locking the door behind us.

Short one shot from a short person. Nice.

-Bye.