Hot 'n Cold (Jamilton)

No not the Katy Perry song, though that is a  g r e a t  song. It's the top soulmate Au, pretty self explanatory.
Modern Au
Wooooooo
Trigger Warnings: None (so much for angst)

*Thomas 'macaroni' Jefferson*

The air around me is fairly cold as I stand behind the counter of the coffee shop. It's where I work because I'm a poor collage student, and I like the free coffee.
"Oi, stop making out and come help me with these orders!" I shout to my co-workers, Aaron Burr and James Madison. They're soulmates, and I'd be lying is I said I wasn't jealous. I haven't found my soulmate.
"We're not making out, and if you're gonna take that attitude then you can do those orders yourself." Burr replies, walking out of the storage room with cups and cocoa powder.
"Yeah yeah, we have one mocha, and one straight black with one sugar." I tell him, he scoffs.
"You couldn't handle two orders? Sweet Jesus." He says as he rolls his eyes.
"Hey, I can't make mochas. Leave me alone." I protest, starting on the black coffee.
The air around me changes slightly, warming up. Not by much though.
The phone rings and I answer it, we usually get orders like this; people phoning in and collecting later.

(Italics is Thomas, Bold is Alex)

"Hello, Coffee House speaking, can I take your name and order please?"
I say down the phone, the words familiar on my tongue.
"Hi, yeah, Alexander Hamilton. Can I get a straight black large, no cream or sugar."
I freeze upon hearing the name.
"Hamilton?"
"Yea- wait, Jefferson?"
"Oh my god, look, I'll have your order done as soon as possible and put it next to the door so I don't have to see you."
I say, I hear him give a fake laugh down the phone. Hamilton is this annoying guy from my law class. We don't get on. Speaking of law class, that's where I'm warmest, meaning my soulmate is in my class.
"Well screw you too, I'll be there in 5."
The line goes dead as he hangs up.
"Who was that?" Burr asks, handing the mocha to a girl with straight black hair and a blue dress.
"Hamilton." I spit, he chuckles.
"Don't poison his drink, okay?" Burr says as he takes the coffee out of my hand and hands it to a girl similar looking to the one before, but she haas curly brown hair and a yellow dress.
I roll my eyes at him and begin to make Hamilton's drink,.
He walks in a few minutes later and I feel the air around me warm up considerably. I look around nervously to see if anyone else had walked in. They hadn't.
"$2.75." I say to him as he throws a bunch of change on to the counter. The air around me it the warmest it's ever been.
"Do you just have change?" I ask, annoyed and nervous.
"Yeah, now why the hell is it so warm in here?" Hamilton demands, taking his coffee and sipping it.
"Thomas was saying that, but actually is quite cool in here." But remarks, knowing all to well what was happening.
Hamilton nearly drops his coffee as he stares at me.
"Nope, no way." He says, chuckling awkwardly.
"Of course not." I agree, Burr facepalms.
"C'mon you two, just admit that you're soulmates so it's less painful for everyone." My annoying co-worker says. I sigh.
"Okay, as much as neither of us want it to be true, I think- I know we're soulmates. Meet me outside of here at 5:30pm tomorrow and we can get to know each other." I casually say to A-Hamilton, although I'm a blushing, freaking-out mess inside.
Hamilton nearly drops his coffee and just nods, blushing immensely.
"S-sure, and... call me Alex."
"Great, call me Thomas."
We shake hands and he leaves quickly, still blushing. Burr nudges me.
"You gonna count that change?" He asks, and walks to the storage room, probably to make out with James.
I snap back out of my daze and count the money.
"$3.75." I say, confused. The coffee was only $2.75.
I find myself suddenly smiling, realising that he's tipped me. I shake my head and get back to work, more then happy with how today turned out.

Nice, classic coffee shop.
This chapter is short, like me.

-Bye.