Marks (Lams)

Ayyy final soulmate Au off of this list.
This is gonna be our good friend angst because I haven't written enough of it.
Modern Au
Wooooooo
Trigger Warnings: Mentions of Death

*HammyHam's PoV*

While I type away at my computer, I take short breaks to gaze lovingly at the pink handprint on my wrist. I got it when I met my soulmate, John Laurens. I remember our first time meeting as though it were yesterday.
I was sat in a bar with an acquaintance of mine - Aaron Burr, when a group of men walked in shouting. They obviously recognised Burr, as they walked over to him and started speaking to him. John caught my eye first.
Fast forward a few minutes and we're all talking. I introduce myself to trio, who's names were Hercules Mulligan, John Laurens, and Lafayette, then I go to shake hands with John. He misses my hand and accidentally grabs my wrist. I tease him by grabbing his wrist in return, and we laugh for a solid 5 minutes until Lafayette taps John on the shoulder, gesturing to the curly-haired boy's wrist with a smug grin. He looks at it and flushes bright red, I look to my wrist and, sure enough, I also have a soulmate mark.
We exchanged numbers and got to know each other. Eventually  he asked me out in a Starbucks, using my coffee to 'propose'.
I like to remember those times, as well as the sleepovers and the dates.
My favourite date was one John organised. I once told him when we were first going out what my 'perfect date' would be, and one day, he took me on that date.
He told me that we were going out somewhere, and that I wasn't to question it. We got in the car and drove to an open field framed with trees (Haha I did that). He told me to find a spot somewhere, and about two minutes later he walked over to where I was with blankets and flasks of coffee. In short, he took me on my 'perfect date' which was laying under the stars, hand in hand, just talking.
I continue to type at my computer, answering emails, and put a hand to my cheek. It has another handprint in it, where he held my face in his hand as he kissed me for, what I soon found out to be, the last time.
Neither of us knew that he was going out to die, he got a call from work saying they needed him there. He kissed me goodbye as he left the house, and that was the last time I saw him alive. His car got hit by a lorry and tumbled into a ditch. He didn't die on impact, he died an agonising death alone.
I didn't realise until it was too late that he was going to die. I was brushing my hair in the mirror when I noticed the handprint that was the same colour as the one on my arm. I tried to call him but to no avail - all I got was his answer machine.
I wipe a tear from the side of my face as I remember my beloved John Laurens.
He passed away two weeks ago, his funeral is today but I can't bear to go. So here I sit, answering emails as I down another flask of coffee.

That didn't make too much sense, and it was  v e r y  short, but I wasn't sure what to write for this Au.
The next chapter will be longer, I promise.

-Bye.