Chapter 37

Luna's pov

-

Tiredness seeped in. Classes felt like it was never ending, I was split between my attention to Aelia and my attention to assignments. She'd shrug it off and say its fine but I didn't feel whole knowing I wasn't spending that much time with the girl I love.

Yes, love. I, Luna Amon, am in love with Aelia Green. But, she didn't know that yet. Hell, we aren't even together yet. I knew I had to finally claim her and I had a perfect plan.

Lex and I have gotten pretty close now, she's told me all about how Aelia and her were best friends as kids. I wanted to ask Mia for advice but she was also busy with Cheerleading. Lex on the other hand -although being on the cheer team- found some time to help me out with a little more of her history. We were planning to meet up after school so I could take some mental notes. Unfortunately it was eating me alive to not tell Aelia that I was meeting lex privately today, I have no idea what their problem was with each other. I'll make sure to find out about that today.

"I'll text you later" I smiled as I let go of Aelia

"Don't goo" she mumbled into my chest, I chuckled and kissed the top of her head

"Let me go"

"Neverrr" she said, her words vibrated against my stomach and it started to tickle.

We were currently in the parking lot, she had to stay back to help her father prep for a speech he had later in the night. I checked my watch, I told lex I'd meet her in ten minutes. I didn't like to be late

"Why are you checking your watch? Are you going somewhere?" she asked, fuck. I can't lie to her but what could I say?

Yes, I'm meeting your ex best friend that you hate so I can find out cheesy details about your childhood so I could surprise you and ask you to be my girlfriend

I thought. Aelia has been busy too, they had regional competitions coming soon so I couldn't get the chance to find out the details I needed

"Don't worry about it" I mumbled, hopefully she wouldn't question it

"I better get back, my dad is really nervous about that speech. It could make or break his support" Aelia said

"I'm sure he'll do great, plus he has you on his side. He's bound to win" I said smiling.

"You're literally the best thing in my life" she mumbled, it took everything in me to not tell her I love her on spot.

Our eyes locked, I felt like I was in some kind of melancholic trance in which you become completely absorbed in vivid sensory details.

Recently I've been feeling a bunch of unknown emotions, especially when I'm with Aelia. Sometimes I even felt like I was sabotaging myself.

Maybe it was kairosclerosis, the moment you realize that you’re currently happy, consciously trying to savor the feeling, which prompts your intellect to identify it, pick it apart and put it in context, where it will slowly dissolve until it’s little more than an aftertaste because there's no way on earth this girl was going to be mine. She's perfectly flawless, she's beautiful inside and out. I loved her so much

"I really have to go now" I mumbled, she groaned and finally let go of my waist.

"Kiss me" she whispered, I didn't think twice before reaching over and attaching our lips. I kissed her gently but it wasn't gentleness she wanted.

She knotted her fist in my shirt, pulling me harder against her small frame. A low groan caught in my throat as I wrapped my arms around her. Can't I just stay here?

I had to pull away, there was no way I'd make it in time if I continued this. My lips left hers and she had a pout on her face. I held my head low, not wanting to meet her eyes. Those eyes would call me in and I'd be captured. It would keep me here longer than I wanted to

"I'll text you, bye Aelia" I said kissing her cheek before walking away to my car. I noticed in the corner of my eye, she slipped into the school door and was out of sight. I sighed as I sat in my car.

I turned my keys in the ignition, feeling the car roar under my touch.
I placed both my hands on the steering wheel and revered out.

A human dissapintment stood behind my car, blocking my view. I groaned and got out the car. What the actual fuck is Jake's problem?

"Would you just move, I don't have time for this" I said

"Leave my girlfriend alone you freak" his what?

"What girlfriend?" I asked confused, he's clearly not talking about my woman is he?

"Aelia-"

"Aelia who? Because we definitely can't be talking about the same person" I spat

"Aelia Gerald" he said

"Are you fucking kidding me? You don't know her last name? Are you FUCKING kidding me right now?" I asked amazed

"Whatever fag, the point is, keep your voodoo hands away form my girl or else-" Jake said, this caught my attention

"Or else what?" I smirked walking closer to him

"Or else I'll beat your ass, I ain't afraid to hit a girl, you're clearly half man if you preying on women" he spat. Ugh this disgusting waste of fucking air-

"Hit me then" I said smirking

"What-"

"Hit me Jake, show me what a big scary man is capable of" I said laughing

"I will really beat your ass dyke" does he not know my name? Oh, ofcourse not. He doesn't know Aelia's lastname.

She sure knows how to pick them.

"I'm giving you permission right now to destroy me" I said before leaning closer to his ear
"Destroy me like how I destroyed Aelia lastnight"

His body tensed up. His fist clenched. I noticed his knuckles turning white, the bitch looked like an airhead balloon. But then again, even a balloon has more sense than this man.

And just as I expected, he took a swing. Everything went in slow motion. I rolled my eyes and it instantly turned jet black. I felt the adrenaline rush through my veins like electricity. Jake's body went limb. I brought my hands up and his body lifted off the ground, he neck tilted back looking lifeless. His eyes rolled back in his head as his jaw hung open. I was sick and tired of this guy.

It had me wondering, if he's this easy to vex, did he ever lay a hand on Aelia?

The thought of that sent me crazy. I snapped. All that rage came out faster than magma and just as destructive. It consumed all that he was, so delicate under that carefully ordered world.
I folded my fist and his neck turned purple, his veins were visible and pounding against the flesh. His low whimpers just fueled me. The purple mark spread through his body like a disease.

He shrivelled before me but I kept on going, it's amazing how he felt like a man a few seconds ago but now, look at him. Powerless, literally.
His body trembled in the air, I'm not gonna kill him. Yet.

I lowered my hand which caused his body to touch the ground. I unclenched my fist and immediately oxgyen entered his body. The mark quickly disappeared as fast as it came. Jake fell to the ground on his knees, desperately panting for breath. I smirked, there's nothing better than seeing someone on their knees.

He clutched his stomach, coughing and trying to take in air into his lungs. The thick red liquid shot out his mouth as he coughed harder. Ah yes, blood. That's exactly what will shed if he doesn't stay in line.

"άκουσε με" I whispered, my hand rested on his head. Jake's eyes rolled back in his head once again.

"θα σταματήσετε, το κορίτσι είναι δικό μου. Σας προειδοποίησα" I whispered with the echos of Greek demons.

I pulled my hands away and my eyes returned back to normal. Jake's body fell to the ground shaking as his soul returned to place. I rolled my eyes and got back into my car, finally backing out the driveway without interruption. I was already late and I hated that.

Let's hope no one saw that