Chapter 101

Luna's pov

-

"What do you mean something happened?" I questioned

"I received a message that your father has requested to see you. There wasn't anything else to it and I don't question Lucifer" she said

"So where are we going?"

"Home"

"This isn't the direction of-"

"We're going to hell Luna" she assured. I furrowed my brows

"How long for?"

"I don't know" she muttered, I groaned and sunk into my seat

I saw my father just yesterday, he then went right back home. What could he possibly need that was so urgent to come back to hell?

"I don't like this" Taylor said, I glanced in her direction and saw that she had her brows burrowed, her hands gripped the phone tightly

"What's wrong?"

"No one's picking up"

"At the castle?"

"At the gate" she groaned

"The hell is going on?" well more of, what is going on in hell but you catch my drift.

As uneasy as I was, I tried to avoid those weird thoughts from finding my head.

"I'll call the castle" Taylor said. I nodded and she placed the phone onto her lap on speaker.

The loud sound of the phone ringing played through the car, the tension in the room grew as each ring went by. I tapped my feet rapidly as I awaited an answer.

"Nothing" Taylor muttered when the call went blank

"I'll call" I mumbled and pulled my phone out. A whole minute went by and no answer, I tried again and still nothing.

"The heck is going on" I said

Taylor shrugged her shoulders and pulled out her laptop, James gripped the steering wheel and pressed his feet harder against the gas.

I leaned against the door frame, my head pressed against the glass. I noticed that the sky seemed unusual. The clouds were even darker than usual, the clouds were even darker than usual, almost pitch black, lightening struck the ocean far away but the sound echoed through the city. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were having a battle in heaven. I laughed to myself.

And there it was, the jet lag. My eyes slowly closed. I tried to fight it but the tiredness was more powerful. My head leaned back and my muscles became loose. I slowly drifted off into a state of unconsciousness.

--------------------

"Luna, Luna wake up" soft whispers came into my ear

I slowly stirred awake, the red glow of the city immediately brought me back to my senses.

"What happened?" I said in a raspy voice

"Ricardo picked up, we're actually pass the portal" Taylor whispered, I propped myself up

I glanced out the window and a smile appeared on my lips

Hell has definitely changed since I've last been here. Where there was bare land, was not an upcoming city. It was a city of wide avenues and small places to sit and eat, to relax as folk went about their day. There were the sky towers in the centre, what was once acres of land was a shopping mall. The rest was parks and wild spaces, a chance to walk among nature or enjoy the trails on bicycles or horseback.