1 Max x Harrison

Magical Words

Cardinal25

“Now watch, ladies and gentlemen, how I make Neil’s flask disappear!~”

All the campers stared in awe at what Harrison said.

The glass shattered in Harrison’s hands.

“Whoops...” He chuckled nervously.

”That wasn't supposed to happen...”

...

”You’re not better than me at magic, Harrison!” Nerris yelled.

”Oh yeah? Can your sorcerer magic do this?” Fire shot out of his wrists.

Harrison then realized that inside the Mess Hall may or may not be the safest place to play with fire.

...

Max was vomiting random-ass things left and right. It started when Harrison was trying to prove Neil into thinking that magic was real. When he started vomiting up swords, he had had enough. He saw Harrison in the distance. He calmly started to walk over to him.

”Hey Max, how’s it goi-”

Max started choking him.

”FIX THIS MAGICAL BULLSHIT THAT YOU’VE DONE TO ME!” Max started strangling him back and forth.

”Al...ight!” Harrison said with the tiny amount of air that he had.

Max let him go.

”So... don’t get mad but...”

Max crossed his arms.

”It may or may not last one to two weeks...”

Harrison could see the fire boiling in his eyes. Max started to walk closer and closer to Harrison, which caused Harrison to slowly walk backward in fear.

”B-But! It m-may last a f-few days if you drink a lot of water to keep it down!”

Harrison’s back touched a tree, unable to escape anywhere else. He slowly slid down the tree until he was sitting.

Max just sighed and walked away.

...

Harrison just had these thoughts clouded around his mind. He didn’t eat. He didn’t show off his magic like he used to. He usually sat in the back of the crowd, never near his friends. No one noticed his state, and no one asked if he was okay.

He knew he would give a fake answer, but it could at least help him a little knowing someone was actually concerned for him. But no.

It was bedtime for all the campers. Harrison sneaked out of his tent and sat on the docks.

”How would it feel if the water just filled my lungs?”

Harrison shook the thought away. No normal kid should have these thoughts.

”Do people care about me?”