5 Spacemax

Under the Missile Toes

DesertDraggon

Snow in the summer sucked probably more than snow in the winter, but, Max had a BB Gun and felt kinda good for once. If he was honest with himself about his feelings, which he’s not, then he’d say Nikki’s shitty holiday spirit really made him feel loved and important for once. So, despite the cold and being snowed in, he was happily curled up in his hoodie next to the fireplace that had always been there, going through David’s phone. Which he stole. Again.

His slow surf through the internet was unfortunately interrupted by an altercation involving Nikki and David battling each other with Christmas decorations. He was a casualty of a tinsel attack, suddenly covered in shimmering gold and fake pine wreaths.

“Can you assholes watch it!” He screamed as the two continued to shower each other in decorations.

“Oh put a sock in it Max, you look great! Like a grumpy lil tree!” Nikki giggled, gently draping a string of lights around his head before running off.

“Aw, a little Maxmas tree! Nikki wait, Nikki you put those glass ornaments down!!!” David scrambled off after the mistress of mayhem in a panic as Max grumbled and tried to unbury himself.

“Stupid fucking- It’s stuck. In my hair. FUCK.” as he struggled to untangle the lights from his curly black hair Space Kid wandered over, amused.

“Uh, do you need some help?” He offered, setting his new toy spaceship down. The grump glared at Kid for a moment.

“Hnnn, fuck. Fine. Yes I need help. This fucking hurts.” Max sighed, giving up. Kid nodded and moved to stand behind him, taking his gloves off to gently tug the lights out.

“Yeah, that's why my mom shaved most of my hair off. You can't get it stuck in anything if you don't have any!” The space-case hummed as he worked. Max just worked on pulling the rest of the decor off of him. He’s pretty sure something went down his sweater. Whatever it was kept stabbing him.

“Uhg, can you hurry so I can take my sweater off. I think there's shit down my shirt.” Max cursed, squirming impatiently. At least Kid wasn't pulling his hair much, if at all.

“And we have lift off! Mission was a success.” Kid chimed as he dropped the string of lights on the floor. “Your hair is really soft by the way. Like little clouds. I wonder if that's what clouds feel like… I sure hope so.” He pondered as he plopped down next to Max, who was currently devoured by his hoodie.

Max pulled off his hoodie with a triumphant gasp and then searched the inside of it for the object, only finding some pine needles. With a quick scan of his yellow shirt he whined, annoyed that there wasn't anything actually down his sweater.

“I took that off for no reason. Fucking stupid.” He mumbled as he pulled out the needles to put the garment back on. Before he could, a gasp from Kid startled him.

“Max you have missile toes in your hair!!! You know what that means~” Max could barely even process what Kid said before the brunette has barreled into Max for a hug, squeezing the darker boy tight.

“Space Kid what the fuck, get-” he wheezed as Kid squeezed tighter. “Get off of me!!” Kid pulled away giggling.

“The missile toes hug!!!” He said, as if that explained anything at-fucking-all.