Dark Days... Darker Nights.

Same day after school - No POV

Bakugou and Izuku are walking back home together, to the train at least because they live fairly close to one another.

"We gonna train tomorrow Kacchan?"

"Hell yeah we are! The entrance exam is 11 months away so you better believe were gonna train our asses off!" He yells at me.

"I know I know, 6pm at Takoba Beach?"

"Yeah, fine... you better not be late nerd." He said lightly punching my shoulder as they split ways.

- Izuku POV -

Walking back to my apartment isn't anything too troublesome normally.
Normally...
I knew something terrible was going to or already has happened. Its happened in every-single Run after the first... I walk home, All Might appears, blah blah blah, I knock on my door and theres no answer... the door is already open, and there is -

My train of though is interrupted by a frail man calling my name,

"Young Midoriya! Over here!" He waves me over (He doesn't know I know its All Might yet)

I casually walk over, "Hey All Might, wsp?" I say this and see a shocked look on his face as he opens his mouth to speak I interrupt him, "Don't ask how I know, its kinda obvious, the hair, the oversized shirt, all of it." He tries to speak again but I interrupt again, "I already know what your going to ask, and Im thankful that you think I'd be a great successor of OFA but please, let me explain everything." This comment leaves him ghostly pale.

I start explaining my "everlasting quirk" to him and explain how I already have OFA, he didn't believe me until I activate Full Cowl. After seeing this he easily accepts everything else I say.

"Like I said sir, I Already have OFA, but I would like to make a suggestion. I know he doesn't look it, but Bakugou has the strongest willed heroic spirit that I've seen throughout my Runs, he might be exTREMELY annoying at times, but In the long run, he will grow to be a great hero. So I think you should pass it on to Bakugou."

All Might just looks at me up and down, mulling the idea over in his head. "Alright young Midoriya, I will trust your judgement and pass OFA to young Bakugou, where might he be?"

I gave him directions and tell him to meet up with us both at Takoba Beach at 6. He nods at me and walks away, waving behind him.

I wave back, and continue my walk home. I make it to the apartments and wait a few seconds outside my already open apartment door...

'This is my least favorite part...' I think, a tear rolls down my eye as I push open the door to a sight that never leaves, it remains, engraved in my mind for all eternity. I've tried changing this outcome every-time, and every-time it fails, and I HATE MYSELF FOR IT.

-No POV-

Izuku thinks all this as he slams his fist into the doorframe as he looks at the bloodstained carpet of his house.

He walks over to the origin of the red pool, not even caring about staining his black shoes or school pants. He starts crying rivers, as he kneels down, and brings up the body of Inko Midoriya to his chest.

'It hurts...' He clutches his shirt over his heart,
'It hurts so MUCH...' The tears don't stop flowing...
'If only I was Stronger mom... but its useless... Im useless... How can I be a hero when I cant ever protect you..........'       "DAMN IT ALL!" Deku punches the glass coffee table, shattering it, and cutting his hand in the process.

He sits there for what feels like eternity, and then places her down again, looking at her smiling face as he cries, just a little less now. He closes her eyes, and takes the note from her hands...

On the note is a red wax seal, UA it read... His recommendation letter... His mother always was just waiting for him to come home so she could see the smile on his freckled face... but he never did, not in her time that is.

The envelope had blood dotted on it, his mothers and his own...

He stood up, his legs covered in his mothers blood as he wiped the remaining tears away. He called the authorities who came to take the body away... Izuku new that he had no family around to take care of him, he always ended up with the Bakugou's. But he never forgot how long his mother must have been waiting there...

an hour?

two perhaps..?

No, none of those....

Not for Inko...

She'll never get to see those sparkling eyes of her sons again...

She'll be waiting there, for eternity, for her little boy to come home to her again...

How Izuku felt in that moment,
He laughed a little as he covered one side of his face with a bloody hand,
'Normally people would say that it felt like hell...'

'I've been there....'

'This is so much worse.'

word count: 817