A Different Choice

"Kuro? Wait, Im back?"

"Thats correct sir. Please make your way to the desk as per usual for your run down on the life. This one was rather short compared to the others sir." Kuro started walking back to the desk leaving Midoriya standing next to the black pool. He couldn't help but look at the pool's darkness and remember all the light that came with it. "Sir? Is everything alright?" Kuro asked, realizing Midoriya hadn't moved.

When Midoriya didn't answer, Kuro grabbed the clipboard off the desk and hurried back to him. "Sir?" Midoriya finally took his eyes off of the pool and looked at Kuro. Kuro was shocked to see tears in the corners of his eyes. He had never seen Midoriya cry before. "Sir. I have a question to ask you." Kuro looked at Midoriya with a serious tone. "Are you going again?" Midoriya didn't answer right away. He looked at Kuro and then back to the dark pool. The sadness obvious in his facial features.

Kuro started fearing the worst. 'He isn't planning on stopping here is he? There's so much he can do! ' Kuro had also started to take a liking to the green haired boy, he was always smiling wherever he went in his Runs. In this Run he hadn't noticed anything different in particular 'So why? Why is he giving up? '

"Kuro."

Kuro's eyes shot up. "Yes sir?" Midoriya's eyes were still locked onto the pool.

"I don't plan to give up here. In fact... Im going again."

"Thats a relief to hear sir! Ill go ahead and get the next pool ready for the jour-"

*Splash!*

Kuro looked around him. Midoriya had disappeared! "SIR?! Where are you?!" Kuro looked down at the dark pool and saw that there were ripples forming. 'He didn't jump back into the pool did he?! That wont work! The pool lost its light, it no longer should Run again! ' Kuro plunged his hand down into the pool, desperately trying to grab Midoriya, but his hands only grabbed water. "SIR!"

Kuro was frantically searching with his hands, for Any sign of Midoriya. But there wasn't one.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Kuro's head shot around to his desk. There was a light beeping on and off on his viewing device, the thing that lets him watch through Midoriya's Runs constantly. 'What? ' The device only turns on when he's IN (as in alive again in another Run). Kuro stood up and looked back to the pool.

He stared and stared until he saw what Midoriya must've seen. 'There. Amongst the darkness. A shade of bright light? Then that means-! ' Kuro ran back to the dest and snatched up the device and clicked a button.

*VROOMMM*

Uraraka, Eri and the rest of 1-A were standing over Midoriya's body now on a stretcher, all blood was wiped off his body and his cuts and stab wound was covered up. His cuffs were removed by one of the students as soon as they made it to Midoriya, HOPING that there was enough life in their friend for his healing quirk to activate. But it didn't.

Not long after he was dropped from the building the League left through a portal and the police arrived on the scene along with an ambulance. They hooked Midoriya's body up to a heart beat reader, but it was flatlined. He was dead.

The paramedics that had arrived wanted to take Midoriya's body away as soon as possible but the whole of 1-A hadn't let them. They couldn't. This was their friend. There was no way they would let them take him, not a chance in the world. They had finally found him after months of his absence and now they were trying to take him away again.

'Why is the world so cruel? Midoriya was only being a hero... trying to help others to the best of his ability no matter where he was... so why? Why does Midoriya always get dealt this hand every single time? Its unfair. Bring him back to me. Bring him back to us...' Uraraka was still crying, but her wails had settled, Eri was sitting in her lap, still crying but it was more of a sniffle. 'Eri needs him. I need him. So please, whatever Gods are out there, bring Midoriya back to us! '

*Fzzt~* *Bzzzzt*

Her eyes shot open. She looked down to Midoriya's body. Something was dancing around his body! 'What's that? Is. Is that? Lightning? ' Midoriya's signature green lightning was starting to flash and sizzle around him! All of 1-A backed up, as did all the bystanders. "W-whats going on?!" Someone yelled in the background.

The lightning started getting louder as it got fiercer, brighter, stronger. Suddenly there was nothing for a split second before the concrete cracked underneath him as the lightning coated his body and tore the earth beneath him. The ground was kicked up and created a cloud of dust and rubble, green torrents of lightning were still visible through the dust.

The lightning stopped flashing, but there was still a slight hum that could be heard as the dust settled. "I-is it over?" Mineta asked from the back. Uraraka slowly opened her eyes. 'What happened to Midoriya? ' She started making her way towards the center of the settling cloud, Eri still tightly grasping her hand. She took a step. Then another. Then another.

A hand shot out from infront of her where the dust was greatest and latched onto her shoulder. She braced herself for an attack by clenching her teeth, shutting her eyes and looking away. 'Wait. This grip... it isn't tight at all! Its... soft.' She slowly opened her eyes again. But even though he was right there she couldn't believe it.

Midoriya was standing infront of her, as well as could be. His cuts were gone and his massive stab wound was healed, his clothes were torn where he received the injuries but thats all! She felt the tears start to flow again as Midoriya raised his hand and placed it gently on her cheek. "Hey there."

She laughed with tears in her eyes, "Idiot... you had me scared there." She reached forwards and wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled him into her hug. She placed her face by his neck as the tears flowed and wet his shirt. He smiled and hugged back. He felt a slight tug on his sleeve and looked down to see Eri standing there holding it.

"Eri..." He smiled as brightly as he could, "Im home."

Eri jumped into his chest and started smiling through her tears. "Welcome back." Was all she could say. He wrapped one arm around Uraraka's waist and the other reached around Eri's as he fell to his knees and wrapped them into his loving embrace as his own tears fell.

They stayed like that for another few minutes before they stood up again. He whispered something to Uraraka and she nodded. Midoriya turned to the rest of the class that were still recovering from what they were seeing. He started walking towards them. "Hey."

The class surrounded him in an instant in the biggest group hug ever. "Whats up loser..." Bakugou said, trying to sound cool even though the tear stains were very evident on his cheeks. 'Everyone... Thank you.'

word count: 1202