-2-

[neighbor]

Taehyungs first instincts in the morning once he woke up were to hop up to see if his neighbor copied him and put up a sign on his window as well. The brunettes bright eyes scanned over his window and then the window across from his.

Nothing.

He knew he couldn't expect an answer so soon, but since there was nothing to look forward to anymore his last hopes were to find someone or anyone to talk to. Even if he had to communicate through paper.

Taehyung definitely could not be described as an introvert. If anything he was the definition of a social butterfly, making friends where ever he went and always opening his heart up to the people he cared about. Was he a tad naïve? Possibly but that didn't stop him from knowing right from wrong, even if it was hard to decipher at times.

And that's why Taehyungs biggest worry wasn't graduation, jobs, ect. It was finding something to do and someone to talk to. Yes he could always facetime but real life socializing was what kept him feeling alive.

The boy sighed as he walked away from the window, knowing he shouldn't expect much from a stranger who clearly has some anger issues. Taehyung opened the door and walked downstairs with his head sunk low. It was only day two and he was already feeling miserable.

Once down, he noticed his mother was sitting by the table alone drinking some coffee or what not. Taehyung grabbed a stool and pulled it up beside her, making the woman smile.

"Hey Tae." The woman smiled, ruffling her sons hair which made the boy giggle.

"Where's dad?"

His mother took her hand off Taehyung's head and set it back down in her lap with a big sigh.

"He's still sleeping, I think he's super stressed about the whole quarantine thing and what he's going to do with his job. He'll come around soon don't worry." Taehyung nodded at the woman's words and stood up from his chair.

"Can I ride my bike?" Taehyung asked, his eyes turning up into crescents in hopes she would say yes. Anyone would be lying if they said he wasn't adorable.

"Of course honey."

Taehyung jumped in excitement and ran over to the garage where his bike was. He clipped on a red helmet with flames on it, which he thought made him look cool for some reason. Then hopped on his baby blue colored bike and stormed off into the driveway with a happy smile on his face.

He tried to stay positive but when he saw how much of a ghost town it was outside, his smile dropped and he frowned at how empty everything looked. Usually there would be kids outside smiling and playing with balloons and other toys, but today there was none of that.

He at least hoped that one of his favorite neighbors was outside. Her name was Linda, a woman in her 80's and she was always outside sitting on her chair with a cup of tea in her hands. Whenever Taehyung would pass by they would always wave to each other and say hello.

But today there was no Linda, only drawing in the depth of the situation more and more closer to the brunette. The boy passed by the house the woman was usually sitting by.

Through the window he saw the old lady wearing a mask, sitting on her couch with the same cup of tea in her hands. Somehow she noticed the brunette which caused her to smile and wave, causing Taehyung to do the same.

"Hi aunt Linda!" Taehyung tried to yell to the woman, hoping she would hear which she obviously didn't. Taehyung ended up placing a sad smile on his face as he waved one last goodbye before kicking up the kickstand on his bike and heading off down the driveway.

Kids and families were now replaced with nothing, the boy now realizing how much he loved seeing everyone outside with happy smiles on their face.

Taehyung did a U-turn with his bike on the street, thinking he looked so cool in his 'designer helmet' so he called it. After a few pedals the boy made it down to the house beside his, realizing it was the one with the boy around his age who he still didn't know.

Taehyung hopefully biked up to the front of the house. The house wasn't that tall so he could see the windows which were on the second floor, his gaze turning to the window he knew belonged to his neighbor.

Noticing it was open, he backed up a little to see if he could see a person inside the room. And so be it, Taehyung was able to see a fluff of hair poking up from the window. Quickly the boy raised his hand in the air and waved it around, hoping that his neighbor would see him.

He thought he was being too desperate for a friend right now but it was all he could hope for at the moment.

Taehyung probably stood there waving his hand in the air for the next five minutes before realizing he wasn't going to be noticed. The brunette pouted as he dropped his hand down, knowing that the male most likely left his room by now.

Taehyung began heading back to his house in disappointment. He wondered if the boy saw his message by now. Did he respond? Did he ignore me? Is he contemplating on whether he should respond or not? These were all questions Taehyung kept asking himself, hoping for an answer.

He knew the boy was around his age by the way his silhouette looked through the window, but he didn't know what he exactly looked like which he was curious about now. He only could see a ruff of the boys hair which he noticed was fluffy.

I like fluffy hair  Taehyung randomly said to himself out of no where.

After a bit, Taehyung finally entered his house and dropped his bike by the garage door. He made his way up to his room and slammed open the door, flopping onto his bed right afterwards.

He wasn't excepting and answer, but his eyes widened once he looked up towards the windows out of curiosity. He shook his head to see if he was dreaming but realized he wasn't once the message across from his room came into clear view.

'Same.'

omg hOw does this story already have 300 reads its been 2 days?????????????????????????