-18-

[breakup]

"My personal favorite is Animal Crossing" Taehyung wrote onto the paper as he smiled like a doofus. The two were in the midst of a conversation about video games which brought up Jungkook's curiosity to ask the younger what his favorite game was.

"Isn't that the game with Princess Peach?" Jungkook asked because he had no clue what 'Animal Crossing' was.

"No dummy, Princess Peach is from the Mario games. Do you even play video games?" Taehyung wrote onto the paper. Jungkook seemed to be the gamer type so it was quite shocking to him that he didn't know where Princess Peach was from.

"I play more action based games."

"Like?"

"Overwatch."

Taehyung almost wanted to gag at the name. Overwatch was one of his least favorite games, mainly because of the violence and the way people acted.

"Ever played it?" Jungkook ended up asking because he noticed Taehyung didn't know what to say after the face he made, it made Jungkook crack a little laugh.

"No, I don't really like that game." The brunette admitted. "Too much violence." Taehyung put up after he took down the last paper. Jungkook thought it was cute how Taehyung loved everything to be cupcakes and rainbows. It also was funny that he was the complete opposite when it came to video games.

"So I'm guessing Animal Crossing is the complete opposite of Overwatch." The raven haired chuckled as he wrote which caused Taehyung to smile.

"Yeah, Jimin and I play it all the time! Well we used to."

Whenever Taehyung would mention Jimin, Jungkook always felt jealous for some reason. Since he was just now exploring his feelings he thought maybe he felt that way because he liked him. He knew he liked Taehyung a little bit but he still denied to being gay.

"You should teach me how to play it after quarantine." 

Taehyung bit the inside of his lip after he read Jungkook's message to try to stop himself from smiling so hard. He wanted to think that Jungkook indirectly asked him out but he remembered that he was just being stupid and the older probably only just wanted to hang out.

"That sounds fun." The brunette wrote, still excited that Jungkook wanted to hang out with him. He would have never thought in a million years that the most popular kid in school would want to hang out with him.

"It's a date." Jungkook wrote, being dumb once again and not looking at what he just wrote.

On the other hand Taehyung felt his heart beat faster and his cheeks flare up. He didn't just say that  he told himself, half believing it and half not believing it. Out of panic, Taehyung quickly wrote down a message that he would later regret.

"A friend date right?" The brunette wrote out of fear.

Jungkook's smile turned into a slight frown as he began to write something else. He knew he didn't mean to write "date" but he just assumed his fingers slipped. For some reason he did kind of want it to be a future date though.

"Yeah that's what I meant lol, I didn't mean a real date."

I knew it  Taehyung told himself. He already knew that's what Jungkook meant but it hurt more to actually be told that. Again, raising his own hopes up as always.

Jungkook could see that Taehyung's expression turned into one that was a bit more sad which he didn't understand. He couldn't be sad about what he just said because he was the one who called it a 'friend date'. 

The raven haired was about to pick up his pen again before there was a knock at the door. Jungkook held up a finger to Taehyung signaling that there was someone at the door which Taehyung nodded his head to.

Jungkook placed his hand on the doorknob and twisted the door open, revealing someone he wasn't expecting to see.

"Jennie?!" Jungkook exclaimed before lacing a hand over his mouth when he realized he practically just yelled her name. "Hey baby." The girl said as she closed the door behind them.

"I told you not to come over here anymore! My dad is going to go nuts if he sees you." Jungkook tried to whisper which was hard because he was so mad that she intruded on his and Taehyung's conversation.

"It's not like you have anything else better to do."

"Actually I-"

"Who's that?" Jennie cut her boyfriend off to point at the boy who was staring at the two from his window. Jungkook gulped and whipped his head around to see Taehyung staring at him with a sad expression. "I don't know." The raven haired bluntly responded.

"I heard rumors going around that you have a crush on your neighbor, is that him?" Jennie interrogated which caused Jungkook's face to burn up.

"Oh my god no Jennie, those rumors aren't true. I don't like him, I don't even know him." Jungkook lied through gritted teeth. "It's okay baby I believe you." Jennie placed a seducing tone in her voice as she tried to lay onto the bed with Jungkook.

"What are you doing.." Jungkook questioned with wide eyes as he watched Jennie begin to slide her hand over his leg. "You know." She responded.

Jungkook wasn't going to say anything before he turned his head over to look at Taehyungs window which was now closed again. "Fuck" he mumbled to himself once he realized he fucked up again.

"You like that?" Jennie murmured. Jungkook only rolled his eyes as he gently pushed her hand away which was getting dangerously close to his crotch area. "Jennie get off."

"But why-"

"I said get. off." Jungkook stated with death eyes as Jennie slowly removed herself from the older. Jennie then awkwardly sat on the bed alongside Jungkook who was just trying to process what he did again for the second time.

"We're over." Jungkook mumbled almost inaudibly. "What?" Jennie asked when she could barely hear the question. "God are you deaf? I said we're breaking up." Jungkook almost yelled which took Jennie aback.

"What did I do?" Jennie questioned, asking herself if she did anything wrong. Honestly Jungkook could make a whole list about things she's done wrong but now he thought that was just a waste of time.

"Just get out. Don't talk to me again."

"Is it because of your boy toy? Have you been fucking around with him so much that you realized you were gay and that you don't like me?"

"GET OUT!" Jungkook yelled this time which caused Jennie to stand up from the bed. "Fine." The girl huffed as she swung open the door and walked out leaving Jungkook alone with his thoughts.

"Fuck fuck fuck I'm such a fuck up." The raven haired cursed to himself as he laid back into his bed with his hands in his hair. "God Taehyung.." Jungkook promised himself that he wouldn't mess up with the younger again, it's only been four days and Taehyung already closed his window again.

"What the fuck are you doing to me"

in case any of you are wondering, taehyung and jungkook don't have each others numbers because the whole idea of the story is that they are communicating through the window. this isn't a texting au so if I had them ask for eachothers numbers it would make the story a whole lot less interesting

also it would ruin the plot, the ending and other things that are going to happen so if you were expecting for them to get each others numbers im sorry :/