-32-

[19]

"Kim Taehyung?" A doctor spoke after opening up a door to one of the rooms in the hospital. Jungkook and Taehyung had been sitting there waiting for a doctor for what seemed like forever. The older only got more worried as each second passed, holding the brunette's hand the entire time.

"Yes." Taehyung croaked out adding a cough along with his sentence. The doctor made his way into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Who are you?" The doctor asked Jungkook who still had all of his attention on Taehyung who he kept growing more and more worried for. "Jungkook. I'm Taehyung's- uh.."

Jungkook honestly didn't know what he was to Taehyung. Was he only his friend? Was he more than a friend? Was he his boyfriend? He honestly didn't know.

"His friend.." The raven haired told trying to hide the worry and sadness in his voice. He hated calling himself only Taehyung's friend. The doctor nodded as he took down some notes onto his notepad.

"Okay, first of all I'm going to ask you let go of Taehyung's hand and put a mask on for safety precautions." The man informed causing Jungkook to only frown more. He really didn't want to let go of the youngers hand but he had no choice.

"Taehyung, when did your coughing start?"

"About-" Taehyung coughed in between words causing a pained look to grow on his face. "Five days ago."

"Any other symptoms?" The doctor interrogated as he continued to take notes.

"A headache, my nose has been runny as well." The brunette rubbed his nose with the back of his hand. Jungkook turned his head over to the younger in shock. "Why didn't you tell me you had a headache and runny nose?"

Taehyung looked down into his lap in shame. "I didn't want to worry you.." The male whispered causing Jungkook's heart to break. The doctor set his notepad on the counter and walked over to the two boys.

"You should've come in the first day your coughing started to become serious." The doctor told as he pulled out a scary looking needle from his pocket causing Taehyung to gulp in fear. "W-what is that?" The brunette stuttered as he stared at the long needle.

"This is what we use to test for Covid 19, It's called a nasal swab. Jungkook I am going to have to test you too since you've been around someone who is sick."

Jungkook didn't care at all if he had the virus, the only thing he was worried about at the moment was Taehyung. He didn't know what he'd do if the younger got the virus. The raven haired painfully watched Taehyung lean back in his seat as he fearfully watched the needle get closer to him.

Jungkook looked down to where Taehyung's hand was and saw that it was wide open and shaking, it was obvious that the brunette really wanted to hold the elders hand.

"Can I hold his hand please?" The older begged as he kept his eyes on Taehyung. "I'm sorry but no, it's too risky right now."

The doctor lifted the object up towards Taehyung's nostril which caused the said male to lean his head back a little. "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt. It will just feel like something is itching your nose for a second." The man reassuringly said as he began to push the needle up Taehyung's nose.

Taehyung squinted his eyes shut as he kept his hand wide open, hoping that Jungkook would grab it even though he knew he couldn't. The swab didn't hurt but it was a very unpleasant feeling.

"Done." The doctor exclaimed as he took the swab out of the males nose and brought it over to his desk to grab a new one for Jungkook.

The raven haired finished the test like it was nothing because again, he didn't care at all for himself if he had it or not. His only worry was the male who was painfully sitting across from him.

"I will be back in about thirty minutes to an hour with the results. In the meantime please don't take off your masks and keep your distance." The doctor said, picking up his notepad and the swabs before leaving the room.

Right when the man left, Taehyung and Jungkook both flung their masks off while the older quickly intertwined his hand with the youngers. "Are you okay?" Jungkook frantically asked.

"I hope so.."

The two sat in silence for a moment. Jungkook had his head hung low as he sat on a stool, both of his hands now holding onto Taehyung's one hand.

"Do you think I have it?" The younger almost inaudibly mumbled causing Jungkook to lift his head up. "What baby?"

Taehyung decided to ignore the pet name, thinking that Jungkook probably mixed up his words. "Do you think I have the Corona Virus?"

"If you do, I don't know what I'll do with myself.." The older admitted as he felt his heart rate quicken in fear that Taehyung did have the virus. There was another moment of silence before the younger decided to break it.

"Did you mean what you said? At the alley?"

"Every word."

Jungkook began circling his thumb around Taehyung's hand to comfort him. It was surprisingly working because just by the elders touch Taehyung's worry seemed to start fading away. The brunette wanted to tell the older how much he liked him in that moment but he was to concentrated on the way his heart would beat each time Jungkook would touch him.

After what seemed like ages once again, a knock was heard from the door causing the two males to scootch away from each other and lift up their masks. The doctor said nothing as he walked inside, closing the door behind him and setting his notepad down which caused both of the males to become even more nervous.

"I have some news."

"Yeah no fucking shit." Jungkook whispered so only Taehyung could hear. The younger didn't even care about cussing in this moment because he was so damn nervous and so was Jungkook.

"Jungkook, you have a slight cold which you probably didn't even notice you had. It should be gone within the next day so you are good to go." The man said causing Jungkook to roll his eyes. He didn't give one shit about himself right now all he wanted to know was if Taehyung was okay.

"And what about Taehyung?" The older impatiently asked. The doctor sighed out loud before looking the brunette straight in the eye making the said males heart race.

"Taehyung.."

Jungkook was about to punch the doctor in the face because of the unnecessary long pauses he was extruding.

"You've had the virus for two weeks now."

bruh while i was writing this some random dude on snapchat invited me to a bonfire near where i live and i was like 👁️👄👁️ who are u. like don't get me wrong he was cute as fuck but like ?????? sis i don't want to get r*ped tonight thank u peace out