Delta Arc Chapter 4: Keiichineko and Paolo vs Kuro!

"Unveil the truth?" asked Keiichineko.

"How about you come forward and find out?" jested Kuro.

Taking Kuro's advice, Keiichineko shots off a 'Two Point Slash'. The first slash went straight at Kuro, and the second curved to their left side. However, Kuro just took the attacks and let the slashes go through his shadow like body.

"There's no way they didn't land! I even put some Demonia into those slashes, too!" gasped Keiichineko.

"You don't think that..." Paolo started.

"That's right. My Oni-Chi is called 'The Great Abyss'. I can turn my entire being into shadows. As long as there is light, I can activate the power. The only issue with that is that my base body can be attacked as long as the user can use Demonia. So, the only way for me to make myself perfect is to have my Overlord's Demonia activated all the time." explained Kuro.

"That's impossible!" exclaimed Paolo.

"Your energy would be completely depleted if you have your Overload's Demonia running all the time!" told Keiichineko.

"The Delta's body works in a completely different way to Demons. We are far more superior beings compared to you. That is how I can run Overlord's Demonia all day." Kuro boasted.

Keiichineko launched another attack towards Kuro. He got up nice and close to Kuro and used his 'Cat Moon Scatter Slash'. Unfortunately, this caused no damage to Kuro. Paolo used some high-level Demon Art attacks, but the attacks just went straight through Kuro. 

Feeling like there is more he can do, Keiichineko enters his Tigre mode. He grabs his sword fires off an Ice Slash towards Kuro. Despite the effort, Keiichineko's attempt ended up showing the same result.  

"There's no way someone is that strong. There has to be a weak point! There has to be!" thought Keiichineko.

"Let's hit them with a double Demonia attack, Keiichineko-san." declared Paolo.

"Yeah!" agreed Keiichineko.

Both Keiichineko and Paolo coat their blades in Demonia a fire off some attacks. Keiichineko uses his 'Two Point Slash', and Paolo uses a move called 'Kindling Strike'. Paolo has the ability to use a flame at his will. He swung his blade towards Kuro, and it lets off a fire blast.

When both attacks came towards Kuro, they began to worry. Kuro was able to put some sort of barrier up to defend against these attacks. 

"Just how overpowered are these Delta's?!" complained Paolo.

"I'm just getting started. However, I am waiting for that cat to get fully serious." provoked Kuro.

"Sorry, I can't take you seriously when you haven't even attacked us yet." gibed Keiichineko.

"I'll show you what true power is. The Great Abyss: Shadows Cocoon." chanted Kuro.

Suddenly, a shadow-like power wrapped itself around Keiichineko and Paolo. Kuro clasped both hands together, which then resulted in the shadow squeezing the both of them. Kuro used this opportunity to then fire off another deadly attack towards them.

"The Great Abyss: Shadow Corrosion!" yelled Kuro.

Kuro pointed their hands towards them and sent off a dark powerful blast. When the blast hit them, it started to corrode their bodies. They could feel their bodies burning from the inside. They felt that their existence was starting to slip away from them.

"What's happening to us, Keiichineko-san?" panicked Paolo.

"Don't worry, Paolo. I can stop this corrosion. I am a God after all." winked Keiichineko.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please give the chapter a vote and a comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Authors Comment: I can't believe how quickly we are approaching Christmas! It only feels like it was a couple of months ago!