Delta Arc Chapter 11: The Unexpected Return!

"That...voice..." stuttered Suzuki.

"It can't be! You're not supposed to be alive!" gasped Himari.

"Sanju!" cried Hana.

All three of them stood there in shock. They couldn't believe that Sanju was standing right in front of them. The person they thought died nine years ago has returned to them.

Sanju looked different to what Suzuki and Hana remember. He stood around 5"11 tall, wore a black suit and jet black hair to match. His eyes were as blue as the ocean, but the most noticeable change about him is that a massive scar covers his right eye.

"Wow! Look at how much all of you have changed," exclaimed Sanju as he looked at them all.

"B...But you're supposed to be dead?!" sputtered Suzuki.

"Hahaha! That was my bad. That is what I wanted all of you to believe." laughed Sanju.

"What?!" questioned all three of them.

"I'm sure you're all not that dumb. Yes, Shinra indeed attacked and killed most of the branch family. However, a small handful of us was able to pull through and survive. We didn't want to go around shouting out about it, so we've been laying low for a while." Sanju revealed. 

"That does make sense." nodded Suzuki.

"You've could have at least mailed us at some point, Sanju. However, I am glad to see that you are alive." wept Himari as she hugged him.

"Aunt Himari." smiled Sanju.

Despite seeing that he was alive, Suzuki couldn't get his head around it all. Suzuki has experienced the phenomenon where someone has come back to life. So, he couldn't tell if this was real or not. The only way he could realise whether this is fake or not is to detect his Demon Presence. 

"From checking your presence, I can tell you're real. You're definitely real, Sanju?" asked Suzuki.

"Of course, Suzuki. I've really missed you." grinned Sanju.

Finally coming to terms that this is real, Suzuki gives in to his emotions and gives Sanju the biggest hug.

"I'm so glad that you're not dead, Sanju. I've been waiting to see you for a long time." wept Suzuki.

Everyone smiled as they saw Suzuki reunite with his big brother figure. Especially Hebi as he heard the story of Suzuki's past and how important Sanju was to him. However, three members were still suspicious of Sanju. 

"I don't want to say this, but the feels all too similar to me," whispered Shinki.

"I agree, Shinki. It may be because I've never seen the guy, but his Demon Presence feels ominous," told Keiichineko.

"I feel the same way as you guys. It just feels too good to be true." Anna added.

With all three of them feeling the same, they separated themselves from the group. They discussed their discontent further and thought of ways to protect Suzuki. 

"Oh, before I forget, what did you two find about the Fujimura Wiil Exchange Event?" queried  Keiichineko.

"The thing is..." started Anna.

"We found no information on it." ended Shinki.

"What?! You guys spent all that time away and didn't find any info!" Keiichineko bleated. 

"Well, we had found no concrete facts about it, but we did find one thing," said Shinki.

"What was it?!" quizzed Keiichineko.

"This was only a rumour, but apparently if we speak to some called Kiyoshi Kyoya, he'll tell us all we need," revealed Anna.

"Kiyoshi Kyoya. That name rings a bell." thought Keiichineko.

"We can find this Kiyoshi Kyoya in a place called World's Destination," informed Shinki.

"I guess we'll have to take a trip there then." declared Keiichineko with a smile.

All three of them nodded in agreement and planned their next trip for more information.

"No matter what the circumstance is, we must protect Suzuki." Anna decided.

"Yeah!" agreed both Keiichineko and Shinki.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please give the chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: I'll release my new schedule to you all soon. I promise that it won't be just one upload a week!