War on World's Destination Arc Chapter 14: Melissa and Anna vs The Miu Twins!

At the same time as the Keiichineko and Wakumi incident took place, Melissa and Anna ran into their targets.

"Let me lead this fight, Anna," said Melissa.

"Okay!" agreed Anna.

"Isn't that cute? They have an understanding of each, Fei." said one of the intruders.

"They're both quite cute too. Maybe we should recruit them for Master Asemdous. What do you think, Li?" questioned Fei.

Fei Miu and Li Miu are twins based on Chinese descendants. They both stand at around 5"2 tall, they have black hair and beautiful black eyes. Fei's hair is braided while Li's are tied in a touji style. They both also wear white and pink Chinese dresses.

"Let's not let them get in our heads, Melissa."

"We'll knock them away with the fruits of our labour!"

Anna nodded in agreement and thought back to her training for the past four months. It was hard for Anna to get used to the combat side of the training. Every time she attempted to strengthen her power, it would crumble down just as quickly.

"I think you should give your combat training, Anna," said Hibiki.

"What?" questioned Anna.

"You have the power to take down a Zolvak. However, I don't see you utilising your true strengths in this type of training," told Hibiki.

"I see."

"I'll ask Queen Hibana to teach you. She's one of the best when it comes to Support." smiled Hibiki.

"Support? Why would you think I'd be better in that position?"

"That's because..."

"My Oni-Chi is one of the best support types there is," said Anna in the present time.

Just as she said that Anna unleashed her Oni-Chi power. The name of it is 'Buer's Nightingale'. It grants Anna a nightingale uniform and gives off warm Demon Energy.

This ability allows Anna to instantly heal herself and recover from any damage in seconds. She is also able to split the power out, just like her Heal Skin. However, the more it's split out, the less effective it becomes and the limit of usage shortens too.

"I've granted you some of my power. Run wild, Melissa!" encouraged Anna.

Melissa smiled when she felt Anna's confidence and went on the attack. Despite a spike in power, the Miu twins didn't seem bothered by their newfound confidence.

"Twin Dragon Gale!" chanted the both of them.

As the Miu Twins chanted that, they flowed their palms around and then fired off a powerful wind blast. As they thrust their palms forward, a dragon-like pattern came out of their palms.

To counter this move, Melissa drew her staff and tried to block it. Luckily, Anna's ability recovered her strength right away.

"Isn't that a Nova Kingdom move?!" exclaimed Melissa.

"How observant. We're special demons who can copy any type of mythical power. The only one we can't copy is your lot...The Onmyouji." stated Fei.

"The only person who has accomplished that is the person our Master Asemdous loves. Master Shinra Fujimura," claimed Li.

"Don't bring that name up in front of me!" raged Melissa.

Melissa got up close to them and then slammed her staff into the ground. She then chanted, "Onmyouji Arts: Material Talisman: Thunder Pierce!". The ground burst with electricity and scattered them into little pieces.

The Miu Twins didn't let that phase them and used the Skywalk ability to evade the attack. However, that is what Melissa wanted them to do.

"Onmyouji Arts: Talisman: Level 3: Tempostatis!" yelled Melissa.

Tempostatis is a talisman that temporarily disables the movement of the opponent. The strength of the tempostatis works dependent on the strength of the opponent. The stronger the opponent is, the quicker the talisman will wear off. The weaker the opponent, the longer the talisman will stay.

"Onmyouji Arts: Book 2: Page 1: Line 1: Powerhouse!" chanted Melissa.

Tremors shivered throughout both of their bodies. They both coughed blood up uncontrollably and it felt like it wouldn't stop.

"What is this? This power is too strong!" complained Fei.

"There is no way the power of a lowly Onmyouji would cause us this much damage!" jested Li.

"You may be right about me being a lowly Onmyouji, but with the power of allies, I can do anything." smiled Melissa.

At that moment, the both of them realised that this boost was coming from Anna. Buer's Nightingale has the hidden ability to boost any supernatural power.

"Buer's dream was to help anyone in need. It never mattered if they were demon or human. That's what it means to be a supporter." explained Anna.

"This isn't over!" screamed Li.

"I think it is. Onmyouji Art: Book 3: Line 1: Page 1: Mana Grap!"

Melissa put all the tips of her hands together and then, all of a sudden, a pair of hands in the form of mana came at each side of Li and Fei. Melissa then brought her hands together which made the mana hands close in too!

Crunch!

Both Fei and Li bones broke from from the grip of the attack. They were truly and utterly destroyed by Melissa and Anna.

"We did, Anna!" gleamed Melissa.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Melissa! Your power is great like your brothers!" complemented Anna.

"Thanks, Anna. You don't know how much that comment means to me." thanked Melissa.

Winners of this fight: Anna and Melissa.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of 'Mysterious Ways!'. If you enjoyed it, please give this chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Note: First chapter of the year! Hopefully, this year will be more successful in terms of uploads!