Delta Arc Chapter 13: The Yuusha Country has Fallen!

"What is it you want, Mitsuhara?!" asked Hiraku.

"What I want is one of the most valuable named blades in the Yuusha Country. The Aetherius!" revealed Mitsuhara.

Hiraku's eyes widened when he heard Mitsuhara utter them words. He's not heard that named blade since he was a young child. 

"You want the Aetherius?! Next to Excalibur, that sword forged what this country is today! There is no way that I will just give Aetherius to you." vowed Hiraku.

"Come on, Master Hiraku. You know how important a named blade is. If the blade is named, then it was made by someone important. Even the Demons follow that rule of thumb too." quipped Mitsuhara.

"Yes, and I won't be handing it over to the likes of you." fumed Hiraku.

With rage in his eyes, Hiraku charged toward Mitsuhara to cut him down. He coated his sword in Heroria and swung hard. 

"How naive of you, Master," smirked Mitsuhara.

He coated his whole arm in Heroria and caught the Excalibur. He got a good grip on the blade so that Hiraku could not getaway.

"High-Level Demon Arts: Conqueror's Aegis!" chanted Mitsuhara.

All of a sudden, a clear ball of energy surrounded Hiraku and trapped him. There was also some ancient Demon scribble that surrounded the ball too. 

"What?! You're a Yuusha Countryman! How can you use Demon Arts?" exclaimed Hiraku.

"Let's just say that Arata Nobunaga is someone to be feared," replied Mitsuhara.

Mitsuhara tapped the ball of energy and clicked his fingers. All of a sudden, the ball shrank with Hiraku inside. It became the size of a baseball and fit perfectly in Mitsuhara's hand. 

"You see, Conqueror's Aegis is not just a barrier move to protect. It is a move that can trap and seal." ribbed Mitsuhara as he poked the ball.

Now that he has dealt with Hiraku, Mitsuhara goes on the hunt for the Aetherius.

Back at the centre of the Yuusha Country, Yuuto and the others were taking on Arata. However, that fight was not going as smoothly as Yuuto thought. While Mitsuhara captured and sealed Hiraku, Arata took all of them out.

"Yusuke! Arata!" croaked Yuuto as he looked at their broken bodies.

"Pathetic. Is this all the Yuusha Country has to offer?" ridiculed Arata.

"This isn't over!" yelled Yuuto.

"I think you'll find that it is." demurred Arata.

Just as Arata was about to finish off Yuuto, Mitsuhara came to the scene.

"Mitsuhara!" grinned Yuuto as he thought he came to save them.

"You are far off the mark, Master Yuuto. Sir Arata, I have collected the Aetherius," told Mitsuhara.

"Huh?!" gasped Yuuto.

"Good going, Mitsuhara. Since you have done this much, I'm sure that Master Shinra will accept you." nodded Arata.

"Shinra?! Mitsuhara! What are you doing?!" fumed Yuuto.

"Destroying this godforsaken country. Showing you all how weak you've become." ranted Mitsuhara.

"Did you also seal Hiraku Watanabe?" questioned Arata.

"Father?!" exclaimed Yuuto.

"I did" smirked Mitsuhara.

"You've gone above and beyond. You've earned yourself a place. Come on, let's go." smiled Arata.

As he said that, Arata opened up a Warp Portal and headed out of the Yuusha Country. Yuuto tried to get up and stop them both. However, he fell flat on his face as they escaped.

"Come back, Mitsuhara!!!" shouted Yuuto.

And with that, the Yuusha Country has fallen.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please give the chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: Protect Me Shugomaru's manga took me by surprise! I have been enjoying reading it week by week. However, I don't think that it will survive. Fingers crossed it does!