Delta Arc Chapter 8: A Large Price to Pay!

Shinki entered out of his Inugami Dark mode and went towards Suzuki. He could see that the wounds were deep from Tenma, but it's nothing Anna can't fix. He picks up Suzuki and rests him on his back. He looked back at Tenma to make sure he was down and out, then made his exit.

However, this was Shinki's greatest mistake in this fight. Just as Shinki left, an air slashing blast came his way. Shinki jumped out of the way and headed to the top of a roof. 

"How are you still alive?" questioned Shinki.

"How ignorant. I guess my kind is dying out, huh," Tenma stated.

"Your kind?" inquired Shinki.

"I come from what used to be one of the most feared families in the whole world. I am a part of the Shinigami heritage," revealed Tenma.

"A Shinigami?!" exclaimed Shinki.

"I'm not as powerful as my brother. He's one of the Executives after all," told Tenma.

Shinki put Suzuki down and got into a fighting stance. He unsheathed his blade and pointed it at Tenma. However, when he looked down, Tenma was no longer there. He stepped a few paces back and tried to catch his presence. Little did he know, Tenma was right behind him.

Stab!

Tenma pierced a gaping hole in Shinki's chest. He retracted his blade out from his chest and then cut his arm off too. Shinki's blood drenched Tenma from head to toe. Shinki had no form of reaction and fell on the floor.

"I've finally killed all of the Inu demons. Well, apart from the one that hangs around in the Dark Demon Realm. I guess I'll keep him around for the time being." said Tenma out loud.

Tenma then turns his attention to the unconscious Suzuki. He pointed his scythe at his neck and was about to slit it. However, someone came in clutch to stop that from happening. 

"I never thought I'd be saving him from getting killed. Nonetheless, I can't disobey an order from someone who was one of the Ten greatest Onmyouji's in Japan." mentioned the mysterious man.

"Who the hell are you?!" demanded Tenma.

"Me? I can't give you a name, but I can give you a code name. The codename is Secret Agent No.7." introduced Secret Agent No.7.

"Tch! A DSA member." touted Tenma.

"Oi, Kawamoto-san's children. Go and take these two back to their house. If I remember correctly, they have a healer on their team. The dog demon will need more serious attention, though," ordered Secret Agent No.7.

"Oh no! Suzuki! Shinki!" worried Melissa, who joined up with them.

"Dammit! This is horrible! We need to get them medical attention and quick." gasped Ryu.

Ryu gently picked Shinki up along with his arm and got away quickly. Melissa did the same with Suzuki and followed Ryu. 

Back on the other side of Watarano, Keiichineko was coming to terms with who came to aid him.

"What a pitiful sight, Keiichineko." teased a mysterious voice.

"Are you okay, Keiichineko-san?" asked another mysterious voice.

"You guys are...Kantaro and Yoshi Ryuzaki!" exclaimed Keiichineko.

"Good memory. I see you're up to no good as per usual." gibed Yoshi.

 Yoshi Ryuzaki is currently the number one Onmyouji in Japan. He is half American and half Japanese but has spent most of his time fighting off demons in Japan. He wears black and white shrine clothing and has his clan's logo strapped around his right arm. He has medium length blonde hair and blue eyes.

"To think that you would be allied with some Onmyouji, Keiichineko. You seize to surprise me," said Kuro.

"Wow! This thing sure has a dense Demon Pressure. I do doubt it would put me through the paces though," ribbed Yoshi.

"Much to my annoyance, I agree with you. Despite it looking like I was victorious, Keiichineko did do a number on me. So, with that, I am going to fall back." explained Kuro.

"Oh, I don't think so," smirked Yoshi.

Kuro tried to back away, but Yoshi created a clone right behind him.

"You and your friend are going to be eradicated from this earth." declared Yoshi.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please give the chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: We've finally hit December! The wintery weather sure is hitting us as of late. It's a good job that I have a warm coat!