Delta Arc Chapter 16: End of the Line?!

A few hours have passed since the attack on Suzuki by Junichi. Both Melissa and Erika carried Suzuki to the infirmary of the school. They went to look for Anna, but they couldn't find her. They all began to worry as Suzuki's condition was getting worse. However, by chance, someone was able to heal Suzuki.

"You have my thanks, erm, what's your name?" asked Hansuke.

"My name is Alisha! Nice to meet you, Suzuki's friend." greeted Alisha.

"Thank you for your help as well, nurse." thanked Yuuto.

"I'm Chinatsu, Yuusha Countryman. I was asked by that Anna girl to look after Reckless-kun over there while she is away," told Chinatsu.

"Where has Anna gone to?" wondered Erika.

"She is currently learning about something called the 'Fujimura Will Exchange Event' or something," replied Chinatsu.

"Sorry to interrupt, but why does Suzuki know two other women that I don't know about?" piped Ino.

"I wouldn't have to keep seeing Reckless-kun's face if he stopped being reckless." sighed Chinatsu.

"As much as you're concerned about your friend, I think it is best if you leave him to us," stated Alisha.

"Why? We still don't know who you are?" questioned Hansuke.

"I can tell that certain people here have some form of a grasp of what is going on. I can also tell that some people don't. Do you think it is best to hear what's truly going on once he awakes?" Alisha pointed out.

Knowing that there is some logic behind her words, everyone bar one person leaves. 

"If I recall, you were at the gathering. If you're that determined to stay, I don't mind you staying." allowed Alisha.

"Thank you very much, Alisha-san." thanked Melissa.

A few more hours have passed since the intervention of both Alisha and Chinatsu. Suzuki's vital's seemed more stable, and they were sure that he'd wake soon. His friends hung around the door of the infirmary. They were waiting for Suzuki to wake up and to make sure he was alright. However, there was one person who wasn't willing to wait outside.

"Do we have an update on him?" asked Ayaka.

"Ayaka-chan. Sorry, we have no update as of yet." updated Ayaka.

"I'm sure he will be awake soon," reassured Hansuke.

"I need to see him. I can't lose this bond! Not again!" cried Ayaka.

Everyone comforted Ayaka as she was in tears worrying about Suzuki. Yuuto knows how much Ayaka cares for Suzuki, so he was determined to get her in. Just as Yuuto was about to go in, Chinatsu came out to relay some news.

"Good news, everyone! Suzuki has woken up," announced Chinatsu.

Everyone looked so relieved to hear that Suzuki was fine. However, Chinatsu issued the same statement that Alisha gave before.

"Come on! Let us in!" wept Ino.

"Yeah! Most of us understand what this is about. Okay, there may have been developments, but I can take the update!" protested Hansuke.

"Most? Who do you mean by most?" challenged Ino.

"Oh no..." panicked Hansuke.

"Me, Erika, Melissa, Ayaka and Hansuke know." Yuuto chipped in.

"What?!" gasped Ino.

"We're sorry, Ino. I only just got the whole truth out of him last month. What happened today was not meant to be seen." Yuuto apologized.

"So, I've been left out all this time? I thought we were friends." sniffled Ino.

"You don't understand, do you? Suzuki has been fighting evil demons for sake of protecting us.  Why would he want to reveal something like that to someone who has no powers? To someone who could easily be targeted! I may know the world that he lives in, but we all don't know everything he is fighting against." ranted Ayaka.

"Ayaka-chan..." 

"If you are Suzuki's friend, then respect the decision he has made! It wasn't out of not trusting you! It was to protect you!" bawled Ayaka.

Not realizing how wrong her words were, Ino began to cry once more before apologizing. 

"I'm sorry! I'm just worried out of my mind!" wailed Ino.

Back inside the infirmary room, Suzuki woke up and gauged in his surroundings.

"I'm alive?! That was close." fretted Suzuki.

"Thank goodness you're awake, Suzuki. I've been worried sick." worried Melissa.

"Sorry to make you frett." smiled Suzuki.

"Suzuki, can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

"Let me join your Clan, Suzuki." pleaded Melissa.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please give the chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: The new Batman film is out soon. I'll hopefully be going to see that soon!