War on World's Destination Arc Chapter 1: Time's up! The Battle Begins!

It's been four months since Suzuki and the others have been training on World's Destination. It was the early hours of the 7th of September 2019. The fateful day that carved itself into Demon history.

"Good morning, Suzuki. I see you're up early again." greeted Alisha.

"Morning, Alisha! I must say, coming here has made me more of an early worm. I remember not being able to get up on time to school!" replied Suzuki.

"Maybe it's because you are waking up to do something you like to do." wondered Alisha.

"You might be right with that. Still, I would like to wake up to go to school again." smiled Suzuki as he reminisced. 

Suzuki finished his morning training and joined the rest of the gang back at their base. They left Hikari and Yuri to the cooking as they were the best at amongst them all. Today's breakfast, just like always, was an egg with rice. Hikari and, surprisingly, Yuri kept going on about how nutritious it is and how important it is for their training. So, they all sucked it up and carried on.

"Ah! Hebi! You're trying to skimp out on breakfast, aren't you?!" yelled Hikari. 

"I would never!" protested Hebi.

To Suzuki, this has been the normal morning routine for the past four months. He'd do some morning training before anyone else, be greeted by Alisha and have a talk, see Hebi or Hajime try and skimp out on breakfast and then train some more. 

However, there was something different about this morning to Suzuki. He felt like this would be the last time he would be having these crazy but happy mornings. 

"Long time no see, everyone." introduced a random voice.

"That voice...Sanju!" smiled Suzuki.

"How's it been? I can see you've put the work in, Suzuki." Sanju pointed out.

Sanju could see that Suzuki had more muscle on him since they first reunited. He was impressed with the amount of change he could see in his little cousin. Not only could he see a change physically, but he also noticed a change in his Demon Energy and Presence too. Considering Suzuki is a Demi-Demon, Sanju was impressed with his improvement in that area.

"Thanks! What brings you here?" asked Suzuki.

"We got some intel that I needed to tell you right away." began Sanju.

"What's the intel?!" replied Suzuki.

"The Delta and the Dark Demon Realm prepare to attack today." 

"What?!" exclaimed everyone.

"To make matters worse, they plan to use Watarano as their battlefield."

Suzuki looked worried and disgusted at the thought of his town being used as a battlefield.

"Why Watarano?" questioned Hajime.

"It will most likely be because of the high potency of special powers that live within Watarano," told Melissa.

"Watarano is a highly potent place?" inquired Suzuki.

"Nyahahah! Could you not tell, Suzuki? Did you ever wonder why such powers lived in that area? For example, the Kawamoto Family and Yuuto's family." Keiichineko chimed in.

"I guess you're right." agreed Suzuki.

"Not only that, I'd hedge my bets that Shinra would have had some play into it." hypothesized Sanju.

"So I guess we will be moving out soon." 

"Yeah. Mr Bushido will be heading your way soon to come and collect you all." 

"So this is it, huh. I hope everyone gets out." worried Suzuki as he thinks of his friends and family.

"Don't worry. The Onmyouji Association and the Good Demon Realm have worked together to put up a veil and evacuate people. Your friends and family will be safe." reassured Sanju.

"Thank goodness." sighed Melissa.

"I need to go back and prepare. Suzuki, I want you to promise me one thing." declared Sanju.

"What is it?" said Suzuki.

"Do not go against a Delta. They are too strong and should only be dealt with by Captains," warned Sanju.

"They were hard to fight against when we met them back at the beginning of all this." Suzuki thought back.

"Luckily, there are only 5 Delta's to deal with. We have the 5th Seat Kuro, the 4th Seat Tenma, the 3rd Seat Tony Law, the 2nd Seat Gou and then there's the 1st seat Toru. If you see one, you run. You got that?" said Sanju.

"I understand!" nodded Suzuki.

With his heed of warning completed, Sanju left them behind to prepare for one of the greatest battles of their lives.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of 'Mysterious Ways!'. If you enjoyed it, please give the chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: It feels good to be back writing properly again! I hope you all enjoy this new arc!