Delta Arc Chapter 14: Back to School Life!

A few days have passed since the incident with the Delta. It was now Monday, and Suzuki was once again late for school. He grabbed his toast and ran out the door.

"Not even a good morning..." sighed Himari.

"Where is he going? I saw that Anna and Hana had left this morning too," asked Alisha.

"They've gone to school. Unlike Anna and Hana, Suzuki is just not punctuative when it comes to school," told Himari.

"I see things haven't changed." smiled Sanju.

"Nyahaha! He's always on time when it comes to fighting. He's saved our butts multiple times." laughed Keiichineko.

"An instinct, maybe? He is quite the interesting fellow." nodded Alisha.

While that discussion was going on, Suzuki just made it to school before the bell rang. He dashed into the room and jumped onto his seat. 

"I made it!" huffed Suzuki while showing the peace sign.

"Barely! Why are you always like this?" wondered Hansuke.

"If you heard half the stuff I've put up with this weekend, you'd understand," replied Suzuki.

Just as both Suzuki and Hansuke were about to get into a comedic battle of words, Erika interrupted the both of them.

"Suzuki! I've been looking for you! I need to tell you something!" yelled Erika.

"Sure! What is it?" agreed Suzuki.

"It has to be in private," said Erika with a serious look on her face. 

They both left the room and went somewhere private to talk. Just as they were leaving the room, Ino walked in.

"Good morning, you two!" greeted Ino.

However, they were both too far away to hear her greeting. She looked a little bit sad as they completely ignored her.

"Don't be sad, Ino. Suzuki was banging on about how busy he's been. It would seem his head is all over the place." reassured Hansuke.

"He did look tired." acknowledged Ino.

"You bet! He looked tired when I saw him over the weekend." Melissa chipped in.

"You...saw him over the weekend?" questioned Ino.

"I was just passing by." blushed Melissa thinking she may have said something she shouldn't.

"It would seem that I will have to up my game!" burst Ino.

"You sure are a bag of emotions." grinned Hansuke.

In the private area, Erika explained the complete situation to Suzuki regarding Arata's attack. She also explained that Hiraku was captured and that the country is on its knees currently.

"What?! Mr Hiraku was captured by my Fathers clan?! Where's Yuuto? Is he okay?!" exclaimed Suzuki.

"I'm fine, Suzuki." comforted Yuuto.

"Yuuto! Where did you come from?!" gasped Suzuki.

"Sorry, I was just coming back to speak to Erika," responded Yuuto wearily.

Suzuki looked at the state of Yuuto and couldn't believe what he saw. One of his arms is in a cast and bandages are seemingly everywhere. 

"You're all beat up!" 

"It's nothing. Akari-Sensei allowed me to have another quick check-up, and all is fine," said Yuuto.

"What is my father thinking?" wondered Suzuki.

"The named swords." began Erika.

"Named swords? What are those?" asked Suzuki.

"The named swords concept dates back to the 1700. If you carried and used a named sword, it would mean that it was crafted by a talented swordsmith. The power the sword holds is unrivalled. Even the Demons follow this ruling too." explained Erika.

"That's right. The sword he stole was called Aetherius. I don't know what they want with it, but it is in their grasp. Along with my father and Excalibur." fretted Yuuto.

"I'll have to inform Master Akimitsu about this. If they are getting their hands on two named swords, it must mean they have a plan to capture Alisha," noted Suzuki.

"Alisha?" inquired both of them.

Suzuki then explained the whole situation with him and the Haul Bringer. 

"A war is to take place?!" shrieked Erika.

"It would seem so. This may be the chance we all have to take the Dark Demon Realm out once and for all too. It's too good of a chance to let slip." revealed Suzuki.

"Isn't this a bit too heavy for someone your age?" cautioned Yuuto.

"It's fine! I am prepared to put myself on the line." smiled Suzuki.

Both Erika and Yuuto looked concerned as they don't want Suzuki to put himself on the line. They do know that nothing they say will stop him. Once Suzuki has someone he needs to protect, he won't stop until the very end.

After their long chat, all three of them head back to class to start their normal lives once more.

"There you three are! Get to your seats quickly!" ordered Akari-Sensei.

Just as Suzuki was about to sit down, Ino leaned over and asked Suzuki something.

"Hey, Suzuki can I talk to you aft-" hesitated Ino.

Suzuki was confused as to why Ino stopped talking. But then he realised that there was an unnatural lift in Demon Presence.

"I've found you, Suzuki Fujimura." announced a mysterious figure.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please give the chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: Sorry for the sudden break last week! I had a lot on and needed a break!