War on World's Destination Arc Chapter 5: The Fifth Delta! Kuro!

Meanwhile, in the North of the World's Destination, both Keiichineko and Shinki are making their way towards the other high-levelled enemy. As per usual, both of them were arguing with each other.

"Why did I end up being with you, Wonder Dog?" sighed Keiichineko.

"It's Shinki, Keiichineko! You know it!" barked Shinki.

"Nyahahaha! You still hate that name after all these years." laughed Keiichineko.

"Of course, I hate the name because you came up with it to mock me," noted Shinki.

"Mock you? After all this time, you're still uptight with me ~nyaa," said Keiichineko."

"What do you mean by that?" asked Shinki.

"Did you ever hear anything I said to you back then? I called you Wonder dog to help you feel more at ease with me, your self-proclaimed rival. I never called it you to mock you." told Keiichineko.

"Wait! Really?" exclaimed Shinki.

"You didn't listen to me then ~nyaa. Why would I mock one of my best friends?" smiled Keiichineko.

"That's true. You're not the person to mock your best friend or rival." nodded Shinki.

As they moved toward their target, they could feel that some of their allies were presently immersed in battle. They tried not to let their worry get the best of them and focused on their upcoming fight. 

As they moved closer, their whole area became filled with spatial dust. Suddenly, the entire area became filled with shadow-like energy. Keiichineko and Shinki both thought they both entangled in the shadows. However, Keiichineko grabbed Shinki and jumped up to the sky while activating his Skywalk ability. 

"What a troublesome enemy to face." huffed Keiichineko.

"Is this the Delta you faced last time, Keiichineko?" questioned Shinki.

"It is. Their name is Kuro from memory," said Keiichineko.

"There power sure grows all over the shot, huh?"

Kuro finally emerged from the Shadows and floated themselves up to where Keiichineko and Shinki were. 

"Long time no see, Keiichineko." greeted Kuro.

"I can't say it's a pleasuring seeing you again." jested Keiichineko.

"Just as witty as you were all those years ago," replied Kuro.

"You said that something about if I remembered you last time. Who are you?" challenged Keiichineko.

"Do you still feel the vibe that you did that day we encountered one another four months ago" quizzed Kuro.

"Stop playing with me," yelled Keiichineko.

"A bit angry, are we? Let me tell you a piece of advice I heard a long time ago. There are some things in this world you are better off not knowing. It's best not to pry as it could come back and bite you." revealed Kuro.

"No way...you're Wakumi!" gasped Keiichineko.

Wakumi was a former ally of Keiichineko when he was an undercover agent for the Good Demon Realm. She was the Vice Captain of Master Takuma and harboured feelings toward Keiichineko.

"If you're the Wakumi I knew, she wouldn't do this! Just like Shinji, I felt the warmth in you," shouted Keiichineko.

"Things change, Keiichineko. While Shinji became more popular and powerful in the Dark Demon Realm, I fell behind. The person I fell for left me behind, and then I fell into the palms of the Seven Devils." began Wakumi.

"The Seven devils?" wondered Keiichineko.

"Once the ordeal with you and Master Takuma concluded, Belphegor figured out that my true identity was that of a Delta. He also knew that I was going to follow you to the Good Demon Realm too."

"You was?" said Keiichineko in a puzzled tone.

"I was. Thanks to Belphegor's power, he was able to torture it out of me. It was then that he created what you see today. He injected all sorts of power's into me until one stuck. He forced me to join the high ranks of the Delta ready for this day." explained Wakumi.

"Them bastards!" cursed Keiichineko.

"I was holding out. I hoped that you would come back and save us. However, that day never came, and that is how the monster you see before you became to be." 

"It doesn't have to be like this, Wakumi! Shinji was able to free himself from the shackles of the Dark Demon Realm, and so can you!" inspired Keiichineko.

"It's too late, Keiichineko. Belphegor implanted a chip on me so that if I didn't do what he asked of me, my body would cease to function," revealed Wakumi.

"There is one way," stated Keiichineko.

"Huh?" gasped Wakumi.

"I will defeat you and save you!" vowed Keiichineko.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of 'Mysterious Ways!'. If you enjoyed it, please give this chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: We are quickly approaching the fourth anniversary of Mysterious Ways! How time files!