War on World's Destination Arc Chapter 7: Hajime and Haru's Showcase!

Towards the west, the battle between Haru, Hajime and their enemy is ramping up. Their enemy seems to be a confident fellow who swaggers his ego around.

"I heard you are friends with my boss's rival on the good side." revealed the enemy.

"Your boss?" questioned Hajime.

"He's the great Yataro Shimizu." beamed the enemy.

"Yataro...Who?" wondered Haru.

"You wench! How come you've not heard of my captain!" yelled the enemy.

"If he ain't interesting, I don't care! There's no way that Suzuki is on par with him," replied Haru.

"It would seem that he is heading his way. So, we must see when the battle is over then." smirked the enemy.

While the enemy tried to big up his Captain, Hajime looked for a way to break past his defence. He cut his arm, let the blood drip and sprayed it on the enemy's face. Hajime clapped his hands and chanted, "Blood Manipulation: Passionate Blood!".

Blood Manipulation is Hajime's Calling power. He can use his blood as a method of attack or even as means to boost his prowess. Passionate Blood allows Hajime to make his blood turn hot and scold the enemy.

With Hajime pulling this attack off, he caught the enemy off guard and brought himself and Haru into hiding.

"Why are we hiding, Hajime?" whispered Haru.

"I know of the person he is talking about." began Hajime.

"So? Why does that matter?" quizzed Haru.

"The person he is talking about is very talented. He also has a gifted clan. If memory serves me right, this person here is the Vice Captain of this Yataro Shimizu. I think his name was..."

"...Narihari Tanigawa." revealed Narihari as he snuck up behind them.

"Crap!" cursed Hajime.

Narihari stands at around 6 feet tall. He has long black hair and sharp black eyes. He wears a long-sleeved white shirt and black trousers.

Narihari tried to attack Hajime, but Haru was able to intervene before he could land the attack.

"Shapeshifting: Elastic Texture!" chanted Haru.

Haru's Calling is Shapeshifting. She can change the shape, size, density and texture of any object within her field of vision. The only downfall to her power is that it will only activate while her eyes are open. If she is to shut her eyes, the power will come undone and will go back to its original form.

"What a convenient power you've got. However, I can sense that your eyes are the controller of the power one could say. If I take them beaut pair of eyes out of your sockets, it will render you useless." teased Narihari.

"This is why you don't interest me."

"Excuse me?"

"You know nothing about me or my upbringing. Yet, you spout something as if you can take me on and carve out my eyes."

"Oh no, the opposite side of Haru's personality is coming!" thought Hajime.

Both Haru's smile and eyes became crazed to the point that her normal characteristics are no longer recognisable. She drew her sword and charged straight toward Narihari. She lethally swung her sword towards him, but he was able to swiftly move out of the way.

"Where the hell is this surge of power coming from? Also, why does she have a sword too? Then how are her eyes related to her Calling?" inquired Narihari.

"I won't reveal it to him, but he guessed it the first time. Haru's Calling was a pair of eye contacts which is supposed to help Haru keep her eyes open longer and keep them protected. However, thanks to her family, they made her into a monster with a sword. I guess it's to be expected as the Hayakawa Clan is the best brute-force swordsman in the entire land!" recalled Hajime in his head.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of 'Mysterious Ways!'. If you enjoyed it, please give this chapter a vote and comment! Please continue to support the story by sharing too!

Author Comment: I was able to give powers I always wanted to give to characters in this chapter. I can't wait to experiment more with their powers!