Nineteen

Hello!!!

Ok....so it's me again and just wanted to say you should really read this chapter. It's really important for future chapters.

I won't say anymore so I can let you get reading.

Sooooo.....on with the chapter!!!

-Silver-Foxx

———————————————————————

Nineteen

"Winter!!!" Aaron whines. "Can we go. I'm tired!!" He whines further.

We have been in the library for hours and Aaron wouldn't shut up since the first hour. No one else lingered in the library. It was just us and a whining Aaron.

"No." Winter says sternly, like a mother talking to her son about not stealing cookies. "I want to find this source so it doesn't affect any other element. You know what will happen when one element is gone. All the other elements suffer." Winter explains.

"Urgh!!" Aaron groans more.

Jayden rolls his eyes at Aaron's childish behaviour and turns to me. "After this I really have to tell you something." He whispers and I give a tiny shake of my head.

"Now. I think it is starting in the lake set east of the gates of Wasten." Winter says. "It's an obvious source. All Waters go and touch it everyday. Also the physicians have said that the poison starts in there hands and makes its way to the heart. It is also big enough to hold such powerful poison to kill many Waters-" she quickly gets cut off my Aaron.

"Blah.....blah.....water....blah......blah......blah....poison....blah....blah.....lake. We get it!" Aaron says to Winter. She glares at him and before she says anything back, I speak.

"I understand. But do we know how to stop it?" I ask. They all look at me, confusion clearly etched on their faces. Expect Aaron's.

"Well...." Winter begins but stops suddenly looking confused. "I don't know. How do we stop this? Or how does the Queen stop it?" She asks. I nod my head in agreement.

"Well.....you won't be needing to come back here because my mother and father have it under control." Says a voice from behind us. We turn to see a smirking blond haired boy.

"Art, If we want to help, we can." Winter says from her chair.

"Well you won't be needing to. Like I said. It is under control." He says with a smile and leaves us alone. Winter rolls her eyes at Art.

Jayden suddenly gets up and I look to him. "Can I speak with you?" He asks me. I can see nervousness in his eyes and it starts to get me nervous.

"Yeah...of course." I say nervously. He nods his head on walks away to the library doors.

"What do you think he wants?" I ask Winter and Aaron shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know." Winter says. I give them a look and decide to follow Jayden out of the library. He looks at me nervously and I look back nervous.

Why am I nervous? I question myself.

"I would like to tell you somewhere privately. I don't know how you would react to this but I don't want you to do anything destructive." He says. I nod and follow him down the hallway and the stairs. We reach the hallway where non-royals stay and he makes it to my room.

"Is it ok if I tell you here?" He asks me twiddling with his fingers.

"Yes." I say and enter the room. I make my way to the couch I have in the room and he follows. He sits on the other side obviously trying to avoid me.

"So...I don't know where to start. But I uhm..." He tails of.

"It's ok." I say. "Just spit it out." He looks at me with the most scared expression I have seen in my life.

"I know who the person is that attacked us." He says slowly. I look at him, tilting my head to indicate that I am confused.

"Okay...." I say dragging out the a. "Is that it?"

He looks down at his shirt playing with the hem of it. "I......know his name because I-I.......used to work for him." He says and looks up at me, his orange eyes covered with worry? No. Fear? Then it hits me like a brick.

I stand up scared that he will kidnap me too. "Y-you new!" I exclaim. He hangs his head down in shame.

"I'm so sorry. It was the only way to escape my miserable home life." He says standing up. I step back in reflex.

"W-hy?" I manage out of my suddenly chapped lips.

"I was by The Edge when he took me." He starts. "They dragged me down the same tunnel, but instead of putting me in a cell, he tied me to a chair and explained what he was doing. At the time I had just lost my little sister and my parents acted like nothing happened. I was so angry that I decided to join them." He lets out a breath and continues.

"It wasn't that exiting as I hoped because we weren't doing anything. Then when you came along the guy who I worked for suddenly had a weird interest in you and Christin Waker. He wouldn't tell anyone why. I then realized how desperately he wanted you and Christin. So I tried to quit and protect you. He wouldn't let me and cut my right hand. He didn't hit my fire vain but hit close to hit. That's why my flame is weak."

That explains it. I think to myself.

"I new about your kidnapping and told you to be careful. I should have gone but I knew it was going to be weird. I lead Aaron on to the underground pathway and pretended to know nothing. When we bumped into each other that night I was going to talk to Hazel instead of Queen Bee."

"Wait why Hazel?" I ask interrupting him. I am still standing and he is sitting on my blue couch.

"Well. She is also part of this." He says. I am shocked. "And I was going to tell her I quit this. She didn't understand and slapped me. She tried beating me up for leaving but I didn't allow her. I didn't want to work for him anymore. I would rather live my horrible home life than a life of evil with Darks." He finishes.

I am shocked.

Why?? Is all that goes through my head.

"What's this guys name?" I ask looking at him terrified.

"His name is The Dark. His group is called The Black Eyes and his followers are Darkens. He is also after you Madilyn. I wish I could help you with that, but I know nothing of why he is. And he also knows I quit and will be after me too because I am an outsider and can spill secrets." He explains. I can't deal with this.

Why???

All I say to him is. "Go." I don't want to see him. He nods his head and leaves my room quietly. I don't move. I am phased by this and can't deal with anything. Tomorrow is my second day at Aspen Academy and I have a dark killer after me.

Great.

———————————————————————

Uhmmm...wow.

Did you expect that from Jayden?!?!? Because I sure didn't and I'm writing this story!!!

Hehe! 🙃

Please tell me if I have any grammar mistakes or if any details seem....weird. I will fix them so it is a better reading experience for others!!

Also sorry for the shorter chapter.

So....I'm also not that type of person to ask for people to like, comment and share........but I would love if you did that.

Thx!!