Thirty-Seven

"The spike in cases for Waters dying have increased drastically." Tost explains on this very rainy day of a Tuesday that suddenly catches my attention.

"If you can control the water elements I would like you to be careful, in which anything can cause this sudden death of one of our elements." He explains. I listen with interest as he answers many questions on what will happen if a element goes extinct and what are the effects of the poison.

I think about the possibility of me getting this mysterious murderous poison and it making its way into me. Then I think of who could have caused it. Only one heartless Elemental comes to mind.

The Dark.

•*•*•

"Guys!" I shout at the group at lunch, who's all sitting at a table in the lunch room.

Xavier, Winter, Aaron, Jayden all look at me like I'm crazy as I run up to there hunched position.

"Yes?" Winter asks me as I plop down on the empty seat beside Xavier, breathing heavy.

I take a deep breath. "You know the sudden spike in cases for Waters dying?" I ask them.

They nod.

"Well, I was thinking in class about me getting it and then I was like, 'who could be a person strong enough to wipe out an entire population?' And someone came to mind." They look at me confused but soon their faces change to frightened one.

"The Dark." We all whisper in hushed tones and stare at each other, our lunches long forgotten as we think of the possibility's this guy can do.

"Do you think the Queen can stop him?" Winter asks after our long silence.

Jayden shakes his head. "She's never been able to stop anything really. All she's worried about right now is Art and she doesn't seem to have all of us in her hands. She's slowly loosing control of us." He explains to Winter.

"But no one has gone rouge." I state. "At least of what I know of."

"Technically my parents did." Winter says to me.

"But she hasn't done anything about The Dark yet." Xavier points out. "Or has she removed that dome around Waten. And the people of Wasten have suddenly gone missing. Some have been found in other homes but some have just vanished." Xavier explains, doing a poof motion.

"Wait really?" Aaron asks, his mouth full of food.

"Yes. If you where paying attention in class you would know." Jayden says to him and flicks his head.

"Ow!" Aaron whines. "Why'd you do that.?"

"Because your being a doush." Jayden shoots at him as I feel a presence behind me. I turn to see Hazel with hands on her hips, Dawn and another girl standing behind her, also having hands on their hips. The new girl looks amazingly pretty with her dark brown skin and amazing electric blue eyes that pop against her skin and her curly brown hair that reaches her shoulders. She is also wearing the navy blue uniform, telling us she's in our year.

"Did we ever tell you guys could sit at our table?" Hazel asks in her high pitched annoying voice.

"Did we ask?" Aaron questions her.

"We've never had assigned tables before." Jayden tells her.

"Well this has always been our table!" Dawn says. "So beat it!"

"No need of the harsh language." Aaron says, still eating his cake, not even looking up to them.

As Hazel was about to open her mouth, Jayden speaks. "We aren't leaving. So if you would like to go somewhere else and not bother anyone else, that would be very appreciated." Jayden says in a calm voice.