Thirty

"Please!!" I cry out.

"What are you going to do?" The Dark asks evilly as he walks over to my cowing self, away from my mom that is lying on the floor, beaten from The Dark's wrath.

"Please!!" I cry again. "Don't touch her!!"

"Who?" The Dark asks, trying to act innocent as he moves back to my mother and puts another cut into her arm with a darkness blade.

I watch her suffer from the darkness seeping into her system and starting to take over the water.

"Don't touch her!!" My throat is like sandpaper from all the screaming I have been doing, trying to get him away from a person who has kept me alive.

"Oh!!" The Dark laughs. "You mean Christin." He looks at me with hatred as he says her real name. The name I never knew she actually had. The name she hid from me and made a fake one for.

"Yes!!! Please!!" I cry again as he sends a black spear towards me, trying to shut me up.

I keep yelling for him to stop and try to move away at the same time. But I can't move, I'm frozen to my spot on the floor. The spear comes closer to me and I close my eyes, readying myself for the quick pain.

I wait for anything to happen and for the sharp pain that is sure to explore my heart, when my eyes fly open to the sound of The Dark's shouts.

"No!!" He yells with wide eyes.

His gaze leads to my chest or, right in front, where the spear has stopped right in front of my heart, not touching any skin.

He storms quickly over to me, before I can even register that I'm not dead from the spear, and grabs me by the throat, lifting me up in the dark air, and squeezes.

I try gasping for air, but he clenches his hand tighter.

I try clawing at him but he easily moves me away from him and to a place I can't reach his face.

I stop struggling when I realize how much air I'm loosing from trying to claw him and with him killing me, it's not helping.

"P-ple-as-e...." I manage to choke out with the little air I have left in me.

"No!!" He yells.

"P-" Before I can even start the word, he yells in my face.

"I shouldn't hurt or kill Christin. She doesn't deserve anything. You do! I should kill you instead for what you have done to me!!" He realizes and his eyes become a different type of darkness.

He leans in towards me, his breath running down my face, making me shudder, and quickly whispers, "I should kill you." In my ear. He leans away and he squeezes my neck harder. My vision becomes blurry and I see stars, my eyelids droop, I start to loose feeling in my body, and the last thing I feel is something stabbing me in the chest.

And that's the last I see and feel when darkness takes over my body, again.

———————————————————————

Sorry for the super super short chapter!!

I'll be updating tomorrow with a longer chapter tho!!

And thank you to everyone who has read my book. I really appreciate it! And I can't believe we are already at chapter 30!!!! Wow!!

Thx!!