Twenty-One

It has been a week since the fight. Wherever you go, there're whispers about the fight with Dawn and the 'Newgirl'. Dawn hasn't been to the Academy for the whole week and I have been avoiding Jayden the best I can. We have also had the weekend off just like Elementless schools.

It is now a new week and I am walking with Xavier and Winter towards the school. We are walking in a line, me in the middle for some reason.

"Hey Xavier?" Winter asks in a shy, dreamy voice. She is shy around Xavier but you can still sense the dreamy tone in her voice. I know she has a crush on him but I'll have to ask her later.

"Yes?" He asks sensing it too.

"Where do you normally sit at lunch?" She asks shying away from the question.

He nods and answers. "Well normally I sit with Jace and our big group which consists of Hazel and Dawn. He just got on my nerves and so I've been ignoring him and he's been ignoring me. And since I met Madilyn here, I've been sitting with her." He smiles while pointing his thumb at me.

I feel excluded from this conversation, like I'm not supposed to be in it.

"Oh. Madi and I usually sit together. I've been sitting with Jayden and Aaron but she hasn't come along and I don't know why." She tells Xavier. I have yet to tell her about Jayden and working for The Dark. I don't want to hurt her when they are like her first friends. They also seem like I'm not even here. Standing between them.

"I don't know. We found this nice patch of grass outside surrounded by a huge bush on three sides and the fourth is open to reveal the path. You are welcome to join us but if you want you can still sit with them." He says kindly. She smiles and he smiles kindly back.

"I will definitely think about it." She says happily and I'm guessing she will be coming. I then feel someone watching me and turn around to see hazel-green eyes and orange blazing eyes meet mine. I quickly turn back around and basically run into the building.

"Madilyn? Wait!" Xavier calls after me. I can hear him following but don't stop to wait for him. I dash up the stairs to the fourth floor and to my locker. As I take the turn to my locker I bump into someone and fall to the ground. I look up to see Tyson's water eyes staring down at mine.

"S-so sorry." I say, trying to get up. His hand extends out to me and I take it. "Thanks."

"No problem. I'll see you in hour." He says and walks off. I walk over to my locker and notice that the locker beside me, F-28, has a black lock and the one beside me, F-26, has a green lock.

"Why did you run off?" Winter's voice says from behind me. I turn to see Xavier standing behind Winter, who has her arms crossed over her chest.

"I saw Aaron and Jayden and didn't want to talk to them if they ran into us." I quietly explain, turning back to put my backpack away and grabbing my Study of Elements books.

"Why don't you want to talk to them?" Winter asks accusingly. I shut my locker door and close the lock. I turn back to them and sigh.

"I don't want to tell you yet but I'll tell you later." I say. She rolls her eyes and steps closer.

"You've been saying that for the past week. I want to know because they are still my friends even if they aren't yours anymore." She says annoyed.

I try to move around but she stops me. When she wants to, she can be aggressive. I turn to Xavier with pleading eyes but he is looking at something else down the hall.

"Why are you avoiding them and what are you not telling me?" She asks, her voice stern. I run a hand down my face.

"I promise to tell when we get back to the castle because I know you won't like it." I say to her. She narrows her eyes and before she can speak, another voice speaks.

"Oh. Look how it is. Ms. Nerdy and Newgirl." Dawn's voice mocks us. We turn to see her standing with Hazel and a chocolate brown haired and electrifying blue eyed girl. "Hey let's spread the word on their names." Dawn says to Hazel and the other girl. They smile an evil smirk.

"What do you want, Dawn?" Xavier asks coming to our saving. She eyes him and smiles, showing her white teeth.

"Nothing from you. Only them." She says sweetly and pointing a slender finger at us. Xavier rolls his eyes and steps forward.

"What do you want?" He repeats. He looks into her cold eyes and instantly dropping the sweet act, brings her hand up to slap him. But a voice stops her inches away from Xavier's face.

We turn to see Jayden and Aaron, wearing the only green uniform in a sea of blue. Everyone's eyes are on the two Year 6's. Dawn's eyes widen for the slightest second before becoming soft and sweet again.

"Oh, Jayden!" She cheers and runs to him. She has her arms out ready for a hug when he puts a hand up to stop her. She stops and becomes sad. I can see her stick out her bottom lip in disappointment. "Why can't I hug you?" She asks in a pouty voice.

He looks at her like she is crazy. "Stop annoying people." He sternly says.

"But, Cous." She pouts tight him.

"Stop or I'll be talking to your parents." He says, anger etched onto his tone.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes and stomps past him into the crowd of blue. He shakes his head and starts walking towards us.

Nonononono! I'm an not facing him! I mentally scream at myself as I make a dash down the opposite way. Before I go I see a confused face on Aaron but push it to the back of my head and turn down a corner.

I am walking down a random corridor when the buzz goes off.

What!! We just got here!!!

I run past lockers and make it into the main hallway. Students are rushing to get to their classrooms before the buzz goes again. I turn down the hallway to Study of Elements when the buzz goes off. My eyes widen as I slip into the classroom. Vivian looks at me with a not pleased look on her face.

"Detention for today, Evans." She says and turns to the board. I see Winter at the front but all the seats are taken except one at the back. I make my way to the seat that is in between two boys. One has light brown hair that has a hint of dark green to it with black coloured eyes and the other has bright orange hair with dull yellow eyes.

I sit down and set my books down. They look at me but I just keep my head down the whole class.

Once the buzz goes I am zooming out of the room before people can pick up their books. I don't wait for Xavier, I just keep going to my locker and then to my next class.

I am dreading detention.

———————————————————————

Sorry for the shorter chapter. I'll try to post Twenty-Two soon! And that's when she has detention.

Also thx for reading my book! I really appreciate it!