Twenty-Seven

Xavier and I watch as he starts to move closer to my mom.

"Don't!" I come out of my hiding spot and his gaze moves from her to me. I see a look of surprise wash over his eyes, but instantly goes back to his hard look of hatred.

"How did you get out of my darkness?" He asks me. "Only I can remove it, and I surely did not remove it." He tells me with a fake laugh.

"I don't know." I tell him and look at my mom who is inching closer to him as his focus is on me. I turn back to him quickly and look him in his black eyes. "I think you felt sorry for us and did remove it." I tell him.

He shakes his head and steps closer to me. "I definitely don't feel any sort of sorry for you." He tells me and takes a few more steps closer.

Fire suddenly whizzes past me and lands at his feet and Xavier steps out of the ally. "Don't come any closer!" He shouts at The Dark who only cackles and looks at the dying fire to Xavier.

"Such a weak Fire." He tells Xavier and steps closer to my mom. "So, Christin, it's been awhile." He says with his evil smile.

"What do you want?" She asks him, in a ready stance of attack.

He laughs. "I only want you again." He replies.

Again?!? I mentally question.

"You won't be getting me again!" She shouts at The Dark.

He shakes his head and the sick smile that was plastered on his face, slips off. "That's going to be a problem. Darkens!!" He shouts.

Suddenly holes form in the ground and Elementals with dark clothes come out of the ground. They all have a hood over their head, covering their faces with darkness.

When all of them are out, the ground goes back to normal and they are making a circle around Xavier, my mom, and I.

I see my mom's face pale and she frantically looks around at the people surrounding us.

"Now, come with me, or they will make you come." The Dark says and takes more steps closer to her.

"Just leave her alone!" I shout and he turns to me again.

"Oh, right! Little Madilyn! I forgot you and the boy over there, are still here!" He cackles.

"Just let us go and the other Waters!" I plead, taking a small step closer.

"No." He flatly says and he puts his hand out in front of me and a dome forms over my head. My eyes widen and I look at it to see it is shrinking.

"Let my baby go!" My mom shouts and starts running at The Dark.

I see his head turn to her and he puts his hand out again, but before he can put another dark dome down, she shields him in a ice dome.

I can see through my dome and his eyes are wide with shock but quickly turn to hate.

"Oh! How you wish you didn't do that!" He shouts at her through the thick ice dome. "Darkens! Get her!"

The surrounding Darks charge at her and she is frozen to her spot. But when some fire and water shoot past her at an oncoming Dark, she is unfrozen and moving to take down another with Xavier.

I watch as they shoot fire and water at the Elementals, trying to defeat them. They move around, dodging darkness spades flying at them.

I turn to where the ice dome is, but it not there. And neither is The Dark. The ice lays in a pile of water and he is nowhere to be seen again.