Honeymoon and back

"This villa is beautiful, Georgie." Amelia said looking out their car window, while they arrived at their home for the next week and a half.

"Glad you like it. It was really hard finding one big enough and still with the necessary privacy."

While Amelia planned most of the wedding George was in charge of the honeymoon. They only had almost a fortnight alone before they had to go back for Trooping, on June 12th.

- - -

"I can't believe we are finally married. And it's been two days already."

"I know, but I don't know how I would live without you." The prince says while watching his wife getting out of the pool and taking the water from her hair. Let us just say the prince liked to watch his wife very much.

- - -

"Look how many statues there are in the Garden?" The prince said pointing out the window of the room they were currently in.

"I think it's an Italian thing, it's not the first time I've seen." Amelia says, reading the pamphlet about the castle she was given at the front desk. The prince, on the other hand, seemed more interested in the gardens than continuing their tour.

"George for Christ sakes, can we continue on? I still want to see the kitchen."

"Fine, but can we stop for ice cream before going back to the villa?"

"Yes, of course, we can." She says, taking her husband's hand and moving on from the room.

- - -

"I can't believe we are leaving tomorrow." The Duchess says taking her robe off and sliding under the sheets next to her already sleepy husband.

"We can always come back, Bee."

"I know, I just didn't want for this to end so soon."

"Well, I know something that will make you forget that..."

"Oh my God, George." She says laughing but lets her husband kiss her tenderly.

- - -

"How was the week off, Mel?" The Duchess's cousin asked on the phone, while she finished breakfast for George and herself.

"It was great; it's was good having that time for just Georgie and me, you know?"

"Yes, and I told you, you would like the destination."

"Yes, yes, you were right Bel."

"Sorry, I have to go, I have a meeting with my boss in five minutes."

"No problem, good luck." But when she said that Annabel had already ended the call, and so Amelia finished the scrambled eggs and bacon for George, while she made herself a bowl of fruit.

"Good morning, Love." George says, entering the kitchen fully dressed for a morning of meetings. "Oh scrambled eggs and bacon, my favourite."

The prince's eyes were glittering like a small child who had just seen their favourite candy, which made Amelia laugh.

Husband and wife ate their respective breakfasts and then the Duke left for a meeting with his private secretary at St. James' Palace, where their offices are located. Amelia didn't have any official meetings that day, however, she did have a meeting with her stylist who was helping her with the dresses for her engagements and official functions.

And since tomorrow was Trooping the Colour, Amelia's first Trooping, she needed a dress for the occasion. So Amelia made her way back to her bedroom, where she got out of her pyjamas and into a more appropriate outfit.

They had been living at Apartment 1A for almost a month now, and even though they had visited almost every week during the renovations Amelia still could not believe she was living at Kensington Palace, let alone that the palace was her home now, and probably where she would have her children.

God... Children, royal children. The thought of raising royal children made Amelia shiver. If raising normal children was hard, imagine raising the future King of England.

Amelia shook her head, keeping the thought away. They were not having children this early, in a year or two maybe, but not right now. So just thinking of it was a waste of time.

"Your Royal Highness."

"Good morning, Eira, how are you?"

"Good, and I had time to think about your dress for Trooping."

"Perfect! Can I see a few options?"

And so the two went to one of the drawing rooms, where the stylist laid out on the two sofas and chairs the ten looks she planned for the Duchess. They were all beautiful in their own way, however, with the occasion being such a happy one Amelia immediately said 'no' to six of them for their darker more sober colours.

"Which one is your favourite?"

"I really think you would look beautiful on the pink one, either one of them." She said, pointing to the end of one of the sofas, where the two blush pink coats were located.

"Me too, and even though I love the other looks I don't think such dark colours would be appropriate for such a happy event."

"Agreed. So, which one?"

Amelia looked at the two coats for a few minutes, trying to imagine how each one would look on her and how they would look outside, even though today was raining.

"The one with the bow. Can I see what are my options for dresses? And hats."

After almost two hours talking about hats, dresses, and shoes, Amelia and Eira had decided on a simple a-line white dress and nude pumps, as well as a nude fascinator with a vail on the front. The outfit looked beautiful, and Amelia believed, very respectful since this was her first time attending such an important event in the Royal Calendar.