Baby

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CLARENCE ARE EXPECTING THEIR THIRD CHILD

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Clarence are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Clarence is expecting their third child.

The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.

As with her first two pregnancies, the family appreciates all the support they have received from all around the world, and are delighted to share this happy news with the public.

- - -

"How was today, sweet?"

"We went to the park and saw bees!"

"That does sound fun, Vicky."

"Where is daddy?"

"He is at home, with Jamie."

"Can we go to the park today, mummy?" The princess asks, looking out the window of the car, as the two made their way back to Kensington Palace.

"Maybe later, sweet, is that okay?"

"Yes, mummy."

- - -

Even though the princess had her lunch at school she got home famished and wanted to eat with her parents and brother. And afterwards, when Nanny Harriet took Jamie to play outside the Duke and Duchess decided it was time to talk with their daughter.

"Sweet, how would you feel about having another sibling?"

"I don't want another Jamie." Both parents tried to contain their laughter, to no avail, with both letting a small giggle scape their mouths. 

"And if it wasn't another Jamie? How would you feel if mummy and daddy gave you another baby sibling?"

"Another friend to play with?"

"Yes, another friend to play with. How would you feel?"

"I want a baby sister!"

"And how would you feel if mummy and daddy told you there is a baby in mummy's tummy?" The Duke was very excited, even more than his daughter, who was very interested in her fruits.

"Mummy's tummy?"

"Yes, inside mummy's tummy, just waiting to meet you."

"I want to meet her!" The excitement of the princess shifted, and so did her attention, she immediately looked at her mummy, who was seated next to her, and even though there was a small bump underneath the Duchess' loose dress, the princess' small hands went directly there.

"Oh sweet, you will have to wait a little while to meet your new sibling, he or she is still very small."

"How small?"

"Like the size of an orange."

"But an orange is very small."

"Yes, it is. Mummy's bump is not big yet." The Duchess says, putting her own hands on top of her bump, and on top of her daughter's.

"When will baby be here?" This was a question neither one expected their daughter to ask, but she was almost five, and she was a very smart child.

"In October."

"Halloween?"

"Maybe, we don't know yet, princess." The Duke says, putting his hands on his wife's shoulders.

"Hi baby."

The sweet gesture of their daughter brought tears to both of her parents' eyes; Amelia could feel her daughter's breathing on top of her belly as she whispered to her baby sibling. The baby probably could not hear anything his or her sister was saying, but the intention was just too sweet to interrupt.

- - -

"Where are we going daddy?"

"We, princess, are going to see your baby sibling."

Over the weekend the Duke and Duchess' daughter had been the sweetest, asking questions and trying to do everything by herself or without asking for her mother, trying to give her mother time to rest. Of course, that did not work out completely, and Amelia wanted to spend time with her daughter, even if it made her tired.

The end of the fourteenth week was fast approaching, and so they needed to do another scan before the fifteenth week arrived, and later the eighteenth. And they wanted their daughter to be involved in the pregnancy, now that she was older, as much as she could, therefore bringing her to one of their scans was one of the best ways to involve her.

"Remember that we have to be very quiet at a hospital, sweet." Amelia whispers to her daughter, as she helps her take her cardigan off and they make their way to Dr. Martin's office.

"Your Royal Highnesses, lovely to see you again."

"Dr. Martin."

"And look who we have here."

"Vicky, this is mummy's doctor, she was there when you were born."

"Hello, Victoria. Look how big you've gotten."

"I am big."

"Yes, yes you are. How old are you?"

"4."

"That is a lovely number. Shall we?" The family of three entered the rather big office, and Dr. Martin handed the Duchess a hospital gown. "You can change in the toilet, if you will, Your Royal Highness."

With help from the Duke, Amelia laid at the exam bed, while her husband and daughter stayed right beside so that Victoria would be able to see the screen.

"Here we are. Baby is growing strong, the baby is gaining the necessary weight for how far along you are. And he or she is... 11 centimetres."

"And everything is fine?"

"Yes, absolutely. Unfortunately, I still cannot see the baby's gender."

"We want to wait till the birth." The Duke says, holding to his daughter, who seemed to be trying to make an escape.

"I imagined. Would you like to take a picture of the baby's scan?"

"Sister."

"Yes, sweet that is your sibling. We would love, Dr. Martin, thank you."

"She is in my mummy's tummy?"

"Yes, princess." The Duke says, his love for his wife and children apparent. 

"Baby."