Tours and News

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence will be visiting Canada and The United States during the months of June and July. Their Royal Highnesses will be touring Canada for the first time during June 30 and July 8, as per request of the Foreign Offices of the UK and Canada, and will be visiting the United States from July 8 to 10.

More details will be announced in due course.

"Your Royal Highnesses will be landing at Macdonald-Cartier International Airport, in Ontario, on Thursday. Your Royal Highnesses will be greeted by Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ottawa South MP, Mr. William JS Elliott, the Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and the Mayor of Ottawa."

Royal Tours were hard and stressful, but when it's your first one since your wedding everything doubles. Amelia was happy, she would represent her country the best way possible, but the nervous feeling never left her body when they were finally inside their room at Government House.

"You spoke very well french, George."

"I thought I was going to insult someone, I love Canada but I can't speak french." The prince said laughing, and seating on the bed and taking his sleepers off.

"You were great, sweetheart."

The couple tried to spend a few minutes each day with each other, without distractions. Sometimes, like today, the only time they had to be alone with the other was at night, but Amelia could feel something was off with her husband, and it wasn't only because of the stress of the tour.

"Is something wrong, George?"

"No, nothing is wrong, Bee. Is just... Tabloids."

Amelia's heart ached, like many other members who married into the Royal Family, was heavily attacked by the media. Yes, she was very much loved by the public and within the family, but the media would never stop publishing stories about everything she did or didn't do.

"What are they saying?"

"Mel, you don't need to know."

"If you don't tell me, I'm going to have to search for what they said myself. Now, you decide which one is worse, George."

"God, I promised Granny I wouldn't tell you anything... They are talking about how you are not pregnant yet."

It was a blow. A punch to Amelia's face, stomach, and heart. It had been almost four months but sometimes Amelia still felt the same pain. The same pain she felt when the doctor told her there wasn't a baby anymore.

"I'm fine, George. Really, don't worry about me. You have to focus on this tour and then Los Angeles, nothing more."

"Amelia, please, don't say that." The duke pleaded, trying to touch his wife's arm, who moved to the side, trying to escape talking about this.

"I'm tired, George, please, not today."

Tomorrow would be a big day for everyone. Canada Day, what would be Princess Diana's 50th birthday, and having to face the public and the press like nothing had ever happened, and for them it never did.

- - -

Amelia was alone in their bedroom while George was in another room in a meeting with his private secretary. It was their last night in America before they left for the UK in the morning.

Amelia was chatting through text messages with her cousin when her doctor's name appeared on her screen. She was expecting some exam results but she was not expecting her doctor to call her to talk about them, which made butterflies appear on her stomach.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Your Royal Highness, how are you?"

"The best I can be right now, honestly. Is everything okay, Dr. Martin? Are the results..."

"Your results came back today, Your Royal Highness. And they are fine. Nothing is wrong with you, you should be able to carry a baby with no problem."

"Oh my God... That's... Great news, thank you, Dr. Martin, thank you so much." And like that Amelia felt like the world had been lifted off her shoulders. She was fine, she was fertile, she was going to be able to have a baby.

"I know this topic is difficult, and each woman handles it differently, but you could start trying in the next month or so. With caution, of course. You shouldn't have any problem, but if anything happens, if you start feeling pain or anything like that, just call me."

"Yes, of course." Amelia felt the tears run down her cheeks, and even though she hated crying, she smiled. Everything was going to be fine. "Thank you, Dr. Martin."

"You don't need to thank me, Ma'am. I can imagine how you must be feeling, with all the pressure."

"Yes... Well, thank you so much, again."

"You're welcome, ma'am. Take care."

"You too."

Amelia's smile grew wider when the call ended. She was going to be a mother. She was going to be able to give George the heir he so very wanted.

"Bee? What happened?" George asked, his voice clearly desperate. The first thing that came into his mind was the tabloids, God how he hated to see his wife suffer because of them, because of him.

"Dr. Martin called."

"Bee, I... I'm sorry. But we can..." He started to apologise, trying to ease his wife's pain.

"I'm fine, George. Dr. Martin said we could start trying again in the next month or so."

George was speechless, he had been accustomed to things not going as he planned. Children were something he dreamed of having, and when he found Amelia he thought that that dream would finally come true. But after the baby... He had seen what the tabloids could do to a woman's health, and the last thing he wanted was to put his wife's life at risk just because the tabloids said so.

He had been trying for the past two months to get accustomed to the idea that it would Amelia and him for the rest of their lives, and when he wasn't here anymore the throne would go to William, and then to William's future children. But now...

"George? You're scaring me, is everything okay? Do you need to lie down? I'm going to call a doctor." George didn't let his wife even get up from the chair, smashing their mouths together. God, he missed her so much...

"I love you, so much." He whispered to her mouth, both of them breathless.

They were going to have a child. A baby. Their baby.