Family Announcements

They had asked for a meeting with The Queen, The Duke, and Prince Charles before they left for Sandringham. It was only a two-hour drive from KP to Sandringham but who knows what would happen when they arrived there.

Two days before Christmas eve and Sandringham was turned upside down, children running, footmen trying to place the last few Christmas decorations, and the adults all around one fireplace, drinking tea and talking.

After Amelia and George had unpacked and changed from their travel clothes to ones more appropriate, the Queen's private secretary knocked on their door, saying that the Queen would like to see them.

Inside one of the Drawing Rooms the three people they wanted to talk waited for their arrival. A quick curtsy and bow, kisses, and all five were seated around a coffee table.

"You wanted to tell us something?" The Duke asked, without waiting for the Queen, who didn't seem bothered, which made Amelia smile.

"Yes, well, Amelia and I would like to share some news." Amelia and George knew the rules about PDA, and they followed every single rule, much like William and Catherine, but George couldn't contain his smile when he mentioned his wife, it was something that always happened and he just didn't care anymore. "We're expecting our first child."

"Oh, that is terrific. Congratulations." The Queen once again hugged both of them, followed by the Duke, who joked about how George had ruined their private life, and then Charles that was clearly excited about the prospect of his first grandchild.

"I hate doing this during the holidays, however, we need to do this before starts showing. How far along are you, darling?"

"16 weeks."

"So we are quite far along. I think it's best if we announce it in the next couple of days, before Christmas."

"Christmas is only two days away, Granny."

"I know. So that is why we need to do everything as fast as possible. Is that okay?"

"If Amelia is okay with it, it's fine with me. Bee?"

"Yes. Better late than never."

- - -

"Yes, there, don't move Your Royal Highnesses."

The 23rd was packed with important things, they needed to finish presents and prepare their outfits for the next two days. Oh, and they had a pregnancy announcement to make, on Christmas Eve.

Amelia's private assistant was able to, in the span of one night, bring her one of the few pregnancy dresses she had bought when her day dresses started to get a little bit too tight. A light blue dress with delicate blue lace on the collar would look beautiful on the picture they decided to release with the statement.

The Duke and Duchess were standing at the bottom of the stairs at Sandringham, George with his left hand on the small of Amelia's back, while she tried to keep her hands still and together under her belly, which made it clear she was already showing.

From afar the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall inspected the photographer's work, taking care that nothing would be exposed or too revealing.

"Beautiful, Your Royal Highnesses, just marvellous. And congratulations once again."

- - -

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CLARENCE ARE EXPECTING A BABY

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Clarence are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Clarence is expecting a baby.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.

Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all the support they have received from around the world, and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public.