New Additions

After two weeks little baby Victoria changed so much on her parents' eyes. Her hair, previously a very light colour, now was a mixture between a light brown and red, her eyes on the other hand in the span of three days became the lightest blue possible.

The family was spending their days at Kensington Palace, with the Duke going back to his duties only two days after his daughter's birth, for Trooping the Colour, while Amelia would only go back to the rest of her duties in August when they would have Victorias' christening.

Since Amelia's' mother had to go back home by the end of July and the Duke and Duchess had a tour by the end of September, they started discussing about maybe getting a nanny to stay with the little princess in London.

"George, I asked your private secretary to remember you, we will be having three interviews later today. Please be here on time."

"Don't worry, Bee, I will be here a full half-hour before." The duke says, kissing his wife and daughter, who was having her third meal of the day. "I have a meeting with Granny and I will be asking her if we can have the christening at the end of August."

"Okay, and please thank her for the giraffe, it looks perfect in her bedroom."

"Will. Love you both."

Amelia and Dorothy, together with a little help from Annabel, started thinking about how they wanted the christening a few days before since they needed the Queens' permission for place and date, and since Victoria would be Queen one day, something that Amelia still had not completely come to terms with, the ceremony was something really important. But apart from the ceremony, they would only have a small reception afterwards, at Clarence House, hosted by the Prince of Wales.

They had decided on six Godparents for their daughter and had most of the guest list confirmed.

"Sweetheart?" Dorothy asks, opening the bedroom door and putting her head inside, finding her daughter lying in bed with her granddaughter. "I'm going to the supermarket, do you need anything else?"

"No, thank you, mum."

After Victoria fell asleep once again Amelia decided it was good to prepare herself for the interviews, writing on her small notebook a few questions that she couldn't not ask. She also separated a more formal dress and shoes to change when George arrived to stay with Victoria while Amelia got ready.

Amelia's' private secretary had contacted Norland College a week after Victoria's birth, asking if they had any nannies that would be available for an interview the following week and they sent three different resumes. The duchess read all of them with her mother and later with George, and even though she tried not to have favourites she liked a few resumes better than others.

- - -

"Bee?"

"I'm in the bathroom, George."

"What are you doing here?" The Duke asked, looking at his wife through the mirror where she was finishing to curl her hair.

"Getting ready for the interviews. What else would I be doing?" Amelia was stressed and George noticed when she heavily let out her breath. "I'm sorry George, I just want to find the best nanny possible for our daughter."

"I know, Bee, so do I. But you need to be calm for that." George says, hugging his wife from behind, who smiled and let out a sight.

"Mum is in Vicky's room since Vicky is sleeping. I just need to finish this and I will go downstairs."

"Very well. See you in a bit." George says kissing his wife's cheek and turning to leave the bathroom. "Where are the interviews going to be again?"

"Dining room, the formal one. I've already set everything there."

"Great. I'm just going to see Vicky and will meet you downstairs."

Twenty-five minutes later, and another meal for Vicky, Amelia walked into the Duke and Duchess's formal dining room to find the first candidate seated on one side of the table with one of their PPOs right beside her, and her husband nowhere to be found.

"Your Royal Highness."

"Jenkins."

"I took the liberty of accompanying Miss Rose inside since started raining."

"You did well, Jenkins, thank you. Miss Rose, how do you do?" Amelia says, extending her hand, to which the candidate gracefully accepts.

"It's an honour to meet you, Your Royal Highness."

"Please sit. Would you like anything to drink?"

"Thank you, ma'am, but I'm okay."

"Very well. So let's start, I'm sure the Duke will be joining us any second."

"I'm sorry I'm late." The Duke says, phone in hands and a smile on his face. "I was in a call."

"I'm glad you decided to appear, George. Can we start?"

The couple sat in front of Miss Rose who took her hat and gloves off, looking exactly like a Norland Nanny.

- - -

"What did you like most about each one of them?" Amelia asked, changing positions on the sofa, trying not to wake her daughter up.

"I liked that Rose arrived early. But at the same time, Hill seemed the most experienced with our public life between the three."

"And Adams?"

"I liked her, she seemed to be very professional, and someone that maybe we can keep for a long time on the team."

"That was something I didn't feel with the other two. Yes, Hill has more public life experience, but at the end of the day we need someone who will stay loyal and professional longer than someone who understands public life."

"So are we in agreement?"

"I think so."

"And now what? Do we call her?"

"I will talk to Summer tomorrow morning and ask her to see if we can have another meeting in the upcoming days. So that she can meet Vicky and mum since she will be arriving when mum is almost leaving." Amelia closes her notebook and rearranges the blanket that was covering her daughter. "Who called you before the interviews?"

"Oh, yes, Granny called."

"And?"

"She said we can have the christening on August 14th, and we can choose between the Chapel Royal, St. Paul's and Westminster since we want it in London. And that she will be attending."

"I will talk to mum tomorrow morning so we can start thinking about decorations and all of that."

"Granny said something else, as well." George says, closing the book he was reading. "Do you remember Anmer Hall? The Hall in Sandringham?"

"I think so, yes."

"Well, the former tenants left early this year, before their lease expired. The house has been under renovations since march, and Father told Granny we were looking for a country home in the area."

"What are you saying, George?"

"Well, as a wedding present Granny allowed us to use Apartment 1A, she is now allowing us to use Anmer Hall as our country home as a late anniversary present and a present in honour of Vickys' birth."

"No... Really?"

"Yes, and since the renovations have been more structural we can have a say on decorations and exterior."

"Oh my God, George that is wonderful."

"I know, I thought you would like it."