World

"Okay, one last time, just a quick run-through. The African trip in late September, and European tour now in April."

"Do we have dates confirmed yet?"

"Yes, the European is going to be from the tenth to the twenty-fourth, last arrangements are being made with each government, and for the African one Her Majesty still has to approve, but it will be two weeks, beginning on the 20th and ending on the 4th of the next month."

"Wonderful. Anything else, Josie?" The Duchess asks, putting her coat on and getting ready to end that meeting.

"No, uhm, well. The Queen would like to ask if you and the Duke would like to attend Anzac Day, on the 25th."

"Of?"

"April."

"I will talk to George, but we still have a few days before they release who is attending."

The Duchess stayed the morning putting the final details on the family's tour in April, and she would have three engagements during the afternoon, but one engagement that never left her agenda was picking up her children from school, and having lunch together before everyone left for their afternoon activities.

"Amelia!"

"Meghan? How do you do?" The Duchess smiles, stopping to kiss her future sister-in-law's cheeks.

"I am very well, thank you, I just wanted to ask if you had a few minutes to chat? I have a few questions, with everything that still has to happen before my wedding."

"I have to collect Victoria and James from school in forty minutes, but you can come with me."

"Really? I don't want to interrupt your plans."

"No, you won't be, after all you are going to be family in a few months. Come."

The Duchess and the future duchess walked side by side through the private area of Kensington Palace to Apartment 1A, and to where Mary was waiting for her.

After giving her daughter her lunch, and changing into a more comfortable dress she sat in front of Meghan, in her kitchen, with twenty minutes to spare.

"What do you want to ask? And there is no need to be shy."

"I know, and that is why I came to you, you've been in the family the longest and have known the ropes since the beginning. I just... It's just been so much these past few weeks. With final adjustments, and dress fittings."

"It is normal, when you know that thousands upon thousands of people are going to watch you and your future husband walk down the aisle, it can get very stressful."

"I don't know if I am doing stuff the right way or not. I mean, this is my wedding day."

There was an awkward silence between the two women for a few seconds before the actress continued.

"I have been receiving notes, and messages, and phone calls from the Palace, with instructions, saying that I am doing this wrong or that I should be doing this in a different way. I feel exhausted."

"It is normal, it is a big moment, for both you and Harry and the Country. It is our duty as Royals to please the public."

"Sure, but it's still our wedding day."

"I'm sorry, Meghan, but it's hows been done for hundreds of years, and I has been working. Why would you need to change it?"

"So you're saying there isn't anything I can do about it? About my wedding?"

"I am really sorry, Meghan, and believe me I've been in your shoes once before. I know it isn't easy, but what comes from it is the best reward possible."

The Duchess and Harry's fiancé say their last goodbyes as the royal is putting her daughter in her car seat, parting ways once again.

- - -

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry with his fiancee Meghan Markle were the first ones to arrive at Westminster Abbey for the Commonwealth Day Service. They were greeted at the doors by the Dean, and, after meeting the important guests and people who would be conducting the service, they were led to their seats, as The Duke and Duchess of Clarence arrived at the Abbey.

The Duke and Duchess quickly met and shook hands with everyone just in time for the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall's arrival. The Clarences greeted the couple as the four waited for Her Majesty The Queen's arrival. The Duke and Duchess walked behind the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall during the procession.

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Clarence was wearing a very similar colour to the one Her Majesty The Queen was wearing, and while the Queen was wearing a more purple burgundy coat and Her Royal Highness was wearing a more deep red, we couldn't help but notice that this is the fourth consecutive year that the Duchess has worn the same or a very similar colour to the Queen's outfit for the Service.

"Hello." The Duchess says, greeting her in-laws as she takes the programme of the service from her seat and before the Dean started his prayer.

These types of engagements were always a little boring and could carry on for a long time, but the Commonwealth Service, in Amelia's opinion, was the best and most entertaining from all the others, not that anyone would ever know this information.

The various stories from throughout the Commonwealth were always touching and insightful, while the songs, carefully chosen and with a deep meaning, touched everyone's hearts while also being entertaining. And even if the hymns could be learned and almost memorised after a while, George and Amelia knew that these types of engagements would only increase as they step more into their future roles, both as Prince and Princess of Wales and, in a distant future, as King and Queen Consort.

The tea hosted by The Queen in the afternoon, following the service, for the family and the participants of the service, was one Amelia was perfect at but would gladly pass if possible; it never was.

However Amelia noticed The Queen, alongside Prince Charles, George, William and Harry leaving through a side door, also noticing soon after Meghan seated alone at the end of the room, drinking from a beautifully decorated mug. 

"Hello." The Duchess smiled at her future in-law, leaving her own mug with a butler and sitting down next to the lady. 

"Hello." 

"How did you find the service?" 

"It was beautiful." The future duchess had a shy smile on her face, feeling a little out of place, surrounded by so many royals, and nobles and important family members.

"You know, I wish I had the opportunity to see what these types of engagements were like before I married into the family."

"Would you have changed your opinion if you had?" The actress was intrigued, she wasn't the closest with her future in-laws, but she did have admiration for them and their sacrifices, even if she did not understand them yet. 

"Oh God, no, absolutely not." The Duchess laughs, looking over at where Catherine was seated, chatting with Princess Alexandra. "There is a joke within the family that George never gave me a choice, that I never had a choice." 

"And did you? Have a choice, I mean." The Duchess laughs once again, looking down at her handbag, with a smile that hid hundreds upon thousands of memories. 

"Maybe on the beginning, but after Uni and after our relationship became public property, not really. But I wouldn't have changed a thing about our story. I love Georgie, sometimes it seems like it was yesterday that we got married. And I love with all my life our children." She looks back at the actress, still with a smile on her face. "They are my whole world."