Back to Normal

The four weeks Amelia had with her family, in private, had gone too fast, even if the first week they were there George would not let his wife get out of bed. But after showing her husband she was, in fact, able to support her own body with her own two legs, time flew by while she was spending every second with her children.

The week before Remembrance was when her team started to arrive, to put in place a plan for the next month. She was going to have a full month, with all the previous engagements she had either to cancel or reschedule and the ones that had been on her schedule for months even before the situation started.

Josephine and Eira were the first ones to arrive, on Monday, to discuss both the schedule and with that the outfits Amelia would wear.

Rebecca arrived on Tuesday, to discuss with the Duke and Duchess the photos and videos they would release for Remembrance. They were also considering releasing a photograph of the Duchess to thank the people for all the support during her recovery, and to just ease everyone's worries on the Duchess' health.

The decision, and approval from the Queen, came on Wednesday since the family wanted to release the photograph at least two days before the Festival of Remembrance, on Saturday. So it was decided that Josephine, being the Duchess' private secretary would take the photograph, and the outfit and location were also chosen. The Duchess would be sitting down in one of the benches on the gardens of the house, and she would be wearing a more casual dress.

The family would be leaving Anmer on Thursday, the same day the photograph would be released so that the family would have time to settle down before the Festival.

- - -

/clarenceroyal

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence are pleased to share a photograph of The Duchess of Clarence taken by the Duchess' private secretary earlier this week at their home in Anmer Hall.

The Duke and Duchess would also like to thank everyone who sent their best wishes and understanding during this difficult period for the family.

- - -

"How are you, my dear?" The Queen asks, seating back down next to Sophie.

"Better, much better."

"You seem better, Amelia, happier." Sophie smiles, after serving Amelia tea.

"Thank you, Sophie, spending a few weeks with the children and George was good, for all of us."

"Good, I've seen that your schedule is full this month."

"Yes, I wanted to attend all the meetings and engagements that were cancelled or rescheduled before December."

"Will your family be joining us this year?" Eugenie asks, serving herself more tea.

"No, my parents will be spending Christmas with Dominik and New Years with us."

"It is a pity your brother let politics go in between your relationship." Beatrice says, holding Amelia's hand.

"Well, it is his decision. And it's been years, I don't even remember..." The last few words got stuck on Amelia's lips, she had never actually admitted to herself how long it had been since they last talked or even seen the other in person.

"George said that you've been thinking about bringing Victoria along, for the Service."

"Yes, yes, she is four and she has shown interest in joining us."

"I think it would be a brilliant idea." The Queen says, smiling at the ladies.

- - -

"Do you want more bananas, Vicky?"

"No, thank you, mummy. Can I go play?" The princess asks, getting up from her chair at the family's kitchen table.

"Yes, but stay where I can see you."

The Duchess finishes cutting the vegetables for the children's dinner when her husband enters the kitchen, phone in hands.

"Are Vicky and Jamie here?"

"No, Vicky is playing outside and Jamie is playing with Harriet, why?"

"We need to talk."